walking with acl injury

Gfitz911

Aug 9, 2012
Long Beach, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Koozer
We have officially scheduled Koozer for his TPLO surgery to repair his acl. He is scheduled to go in on the 29th. We have kept him in the house on restricted activity for the last 10 days or so. The problem is that he is getting super cabin feverish. Normally, we walk Koozer regularly, and play often. Is it okay to take him for a short walk to get him out of the house before his surgery? His acl injury is not severe (just probably torn a little, not severed) and he does't seem to be in pain. I just want him to get out a little bit before his surgery, since I know he will be confined and severely restricted for quite some time after. Can I really cause any more damage by taking him for a short walk (if he tolerates it, of course)? Any advice would be helpful:)

boxorox

Jul 2, 2014
Wisconsin
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
I would think it's not much different than humans....let him walk. There are plenty of people who continue to even play sports with a torn acl.

OP
Gfitz911

Gfitz911

Aug 9, 2012
Long Beach, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Koozer
I would think it's not much different than humans....let him walk. There are plenty of people who continue to even play sports with a torn acl.

That's kind of what I'm thinking. He's already going in for the surgery, so how much more damage can we really do just by walking? I'm assuming walking is much better for him than playing.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
as Roger stated... no running or jumping... short leashed walks should be fine

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.