Kevin's Birthday countdown....

MyStellaBully

Aug 20, 2013
Geneva, Illinois
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella
Yes.. But then i always use it as an excuse to buy myself something fun. (cars.. toys... etc).

Speaking of cake.. Does anybody have a good dog-cake recipe? I found this one.
Doggie Birthday Cake Recipe - Allrecipes.com

7b43ca559367f1c85067d3737be38444.jpg

Here's a cake a made for a friend's puppy's b day. Here's the link to the recipe:
Happy Second Birthday, Socially Awkward Gizzy! CasaDiMoo - Embrace the fur covered moments. Casa di Moo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
TheLost

TheLost

Dec 28, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly & Kevin (aka Chunky)
Ack.. Im slacking!! (Dang High School football taking all my time!!)

Double picture to make up for yesterday..

Molly (Kevin's Mom) when she was a puppy.. You always hear how laid back English Bulldogs are. But then you bring one home and OMG you find out they are crazy obnoxious! We'll.. At close to 3 years old i can finally say that Molly is mellowing out. She enjoy's long naps during the day with small breaks of destructive frenzy when she's awake (before it was destruction 24/7).

molly-2.jpg

If Molly is a stick of dynamite (quick explosion.. then a bit of silence) then Kevin is a slow wrecking ball (slower going.. but non stoppable destruction). When he starts playing the furniture ends up rearranged.

(Kevin is the one facing right)
sleep-1.jpg

We have a big party at the house this weekend (Collage Football.. not Dog related).. but i think Kevin will find a way to crash it :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Ack.. Im slacking!! (Dang High School football taking all my time!!)

Double picture to make up for yesterday..

Molly (Kevin's Mom) when she was a puppy.. You always hear how laid back English Bulldogs are. But then you bring one home and OMG you find out they are crazy obnoxious! We'll.. At close to 3 years old i can finally say that Molly is mellowing out. She enjoy's long naps during the day with small breaks of destructive frenzy when she's awake (before it was destruction 24/7).

molly-2.jpg

If Molly is a stick of dynamite (quick explosion.. then a bit of silence) then Kevin is a slow wrecking ball (slower going.. but non stoppable destruction). When he starts playing the furniture ends up rearranged.

(Kevin is the one facing right)
sleep-1.jpg

We have a big party at the house this weekend (Collage Football.. not Dog related).. but i think Kevin will find a way to crash it :)

I LOVE it.... best thread ever! (so far) :D more Kevin pics PLEASE

Enjnene

Sep 25, 2013
Ar
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastian
Happy birthday handsome !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Great thread! All these stories and pictures are so funny!!

5 days to go!

OP
TheLost

TheLost

Dec 28, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly & Kevin (aka Chunky)
Well.. I totally messed up the countdown. I got super busy and wasn't able to post all the pictures i took in the past week (i'll play catch-up in a bit)..

However..

TODAY IS KEVIN'S BIRTHDAY!!! (@ 6:15pm Oct 29th 2013)

Here is a quote from a post i made last year describing how Kevin came to this earth...

My very first post on this forum talked about how hard it was for me to 'buy' a purebred dog. Having worked with rescue shelters and fostering 'unwanted' dogs for the past 20 years it was a very hard thing to do. In the end we found a responsible breeder and Molly ended up in our lives.

Flash forward a year and a few of my wife's friends decide they want an EB (Molly is a good sales girl). We had just finished fostering a 3 month old lab puppy... and i'll admit i had a bad case of puppy want after he left for his new home (he was with us for 6 weeks).

The breeder we got molly from was taking a break and all we found in the classifieds were scams and puppy mills. I couldn't find a male bulldog within a few hundred miles i was willing to 'adopt' and my wife's friends were frustrated with their own EB search..

Flash forward another year..

So my wife came up with her crazy plan to breed Molly (i know for a fact i said 'hellz no!'.. but i'm not the head of our pack). The puppy owners were lined up (the 'friends of friends' were thoroughly screened).. ancestry checked of both Molly and the baby daddy.. Vet visits to check health.. Volunteers lined up to help (two experienced breeders, two vets and a vet tech).. then wham-bam-thank-you-walter.. Molly is pregnant.

My wife watched Molly's pregnancy as a miracle of life.. I watched it in pure terror (is she in pain, are the puppies going to be ok, is she eating right.. etc)

.. and to top everything off.. Molly went into labor 2 days before her scheduled C-Section.. after the vet had closed.. and my wife was at a work reception.

Terror... Panic.. i cant think of the words that described that night. Two hours after yelling at the vet to get his a$$ back into that office i was handed a basket of newborn guinea pigs and was sent home.. to which my wife was still not back yet. (Lets just say my daughter is going to have a great Christmas for having to put up with how crazy i was)

I remember calling in the troops.. people showed up with formula and bottles.. i like to think i handled it all smashingly.. but in truth i just blacked out.. then my wife showed up and i passed out.

When Molly got home the next morning i was amazed at how fast she turned into mommy mode. She slept through the berth of her puppies but somehow she knew they where hers. She was gentle, loving and was never more then 3 feet from them for the first few days.

.. and then there was little Dotty... She wouldn't eat and always cried. The hours we spend bottle feeding her while the rest nursed.. the days we held her in a blanket trying to comfort her.. then when the vet said there was nothing more to be done.. she was only with us for a few days but her death hit me like the passing of every dog i've ever had. Her time was short but she was loved.

One of our friends who breeds and shows German Shepherd's told us Molly's pregnancy would either "Scramble her brains or set her straight!".. Molly went from being a crazy goofball to a tender mom. It breaks my heart to see how skinny she is now having given everything she has to her puppies. Her weight is slowly coming back and the vet's say she's in great health... but its hard to think of what we put her through.

As of today.. the puppies have been picked.. there isn't a night that a family doesn't come over to snuggle with their new member... and Molly sits and watches. Part of me thinks she's saying "TAKE IT HOME NOW!!!".. and part of me thinks she'll miss them. Luckily most will be only a few blocks away and play dates are already planned.

At Thanksgiving my father-in-law was kind enough to add up how much money this adventure has cost us. I like to think that it was all worth it..

I paid myself for a cute little EB boy that i know came from a good family.. and as an extra bonus 4 other homes get blessed with a new member. Thats 5 puppies that didn't help support the puppy mill cycle.

It is also something we will NEVER DO AGAIN!! And i would recommend people to NEVER DO IT. It was probably the hardest thing I've ever done.. and i basically just watched!

Happy Birthday Big Boy!!!

puppies.jpg

(Kevin is bottom-left)

chunky-2.jpg

kevin-stella-1.jpg

share.jpg

kevin-run.jpg

kevin-walk3.jpg

playdate-4.jpg

kevin-sleep1.jpg

kevin-sleep3.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Well.. I totally messed up the countdown. I got super busy and wasn't able to post all the pictures i took in the past week (i'll play catch-up in a bit)..

However..

TODAY IS KEVIN'S BIRTHDAY!!! (@ 6:15pm Oct 29th 2013)

Here is a quote from a post i made last year describing how Kevin came to this earth...

Happy Birthday Big Boy!!!

puppies.jpg

(Kevin is bottom-left)

chunky-2.jpg

kevin-stella-1.jpg

share.jpg

kevin-run.jpg

kevin-walk3.jpg

playdate-4.jpg

kevin-sleep1.jpg

kevin-sleep3.jpg

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! Kevin overload.... i love it and it made my day! thank you!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Happy Birthday Kevin!! You are a handsome hunk and wish I could just hug and squeeze you! :yes::blowkiss::birthday4::snoopy::birthday:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.