Going to be a big girl ?

Katie demes

Aug 31, 2014
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Beau
walked past the vets yesterday and thought I would pop in to weigh beau as a have recently changed her food and cut her meals to 2 times a day as she wasn't eating 3. I was surprised how much she weighs. She is just coming up to 6 months old and weighs 18.4kgs. The receptionist was busy but put her weight in her records and said to keep checking her weight every other week, she didn't explain why like I said she was busy, she did say she isn't fat as she has a well defined waist. I have read female adults weigh between 19kg to 22kg so is she going to be ginormous when she is fully grown lol!! As she still has a lot of growing and filling out to do. All I can find on the internet is the weight guidelines I wrote. Do u think this is an ok weight for her to be at. She only eats dry dog food with a little wet dog food for added flavour and he doesn't eat any human food at all and she doesn't have treats as I am yet to find any that don't upset her tum. Thank you ps sorry for the side way pics, there uploaded from I pad x

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    220.4 KB · Views: 92
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    218.6 KB · Views: 99

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
It is normal and she looks like a very well proportioned girl. Beautiful pictures!

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
She looks fine to me. If she starts to lose her waist then it will be time for a diet.

OP
K

Katie demes

Aug 31, 2014
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Beau
Thank you, she does look in proportion to me, I just want to keep her as healthy as I can, x

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
Firstly she's a pup and they have a lot if growing to do.
When diesel was a pup about the same age the same sort of comment was made. I am guessing if folk who don't know the breed
Oh your baby looks peachy

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
what a handsome boy... as others stated, as long as he has a defined wait, he is good. and, he still had about 18 months of growing left to do. Up the first year and out the second

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
40.5lbs (if the conversion is correct) is fine for a 6 month old girl.
Generally, bullie girls are what? around 48-55lbs? So she's good. You don't want her to be huge hun. It's difficult on their joints. But I don't think she will be.
I think she's gonna be a perfectly sized bullie girl.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.