Doggie Boutique Owner MissWaddles13's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Pork Chop
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Ear wash help

Quote Originally Posted by Chumley View Post
    It's very hard to do alone, especially with a resistant dog.. Chumley handles it well but once the wash goes in the ear the head shaking starts before I can plug it with a cotton all and swish it around..Hershey is almost impossible even with two people. He hates it! I'm going to try the treat trick nearby!
    I am going to attempt the treat trick . She see's the bootle runs away. We love our babies even in challenging times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Pork Chop
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BulldogMomma View Post
    My husband travels a lot for work so I do the ear washing alone a good bit. Rubbing the belly and treats work to get George still and I actually sit with my legs crossed around George with him facing me. I hold treats with one hand, clean ears with the other and hold him still with my legs. With a lot of maneuvering and luck, I get it done haha. Looks funny, but it works and gets the job done! Good luck!!!
    I use my finger to clean deep. She lets me know if it 's uncomfortable and sweet talk her with honey, it's ok .

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Pork Chop
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by dalmatina38 View Post
    I started stuffin gmy fingers down my girls ears when t hey were pups just in case they did have ear problems. I have been fortunate, neither one of mine have prblems but they like me to scratch the inside of their ears and look at it as a positive thing. I tell everyone, start early so you can break them in on ear washing. Amber nut job zone is her feet, she comes absolutely unglued over getting her nails trimmed. I mean a straight up psycho dog. Good luck.
    Odd , Porkchop lets me stick my finger . I noticed it's becoming everyday thing. Her ears are filled w wax. My girl is a rescue got her at age 4 1/2. She just turned 5 in July. It will be one year in Dec when I adopted her.

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Pork Chop
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Utley View Post
    One thing I have tried is soaking a cotton ball with the ear cleaner. I am then able to clean the ears with the cotton ball. We have two EBs and both run if they see the bottle of ear cleaner. This might help to at least get her use to having her ears cleaned. It dosen't work as well as putting the ear cleaner directly in the ear but it is a start. Good Luck.

I like the idea thank you will do that

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads