Thread: have any more pets?

Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chubbs W.C.
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: have any more pets?

Quote Originally Posted by triggerSnores View Post
    Our two bullies, Trigger and Winston. Two cats, Clawdia and Hershey. 2 snakes , mango the corn snake, zues the python, bunch of fish, one hubby, and our 6 skin kids. full house! !
    Haha, crazy house. Too many snakes for me though.

Quote Originally Posted by binxrexchubbs View Post
    Haha, crazy house. Too many snakes for me though.
    I'm being begged for guinea pigs, ferrets, and birds too ....

Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chubbs W.C.
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by triggerSnores View Post
    I'm being begged for guinea pigs, ferrets, and birds too ....
    hahahaha, omg that's too funny!
    good luck with that!!

Real Name
    Donna
    Country
    Us
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sebastian
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by binxrexchubbs View Post
    8????? Holy crap! Lol. So cute.
    My goodness that's way to many for me ! You do nothing clean right ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Stacy
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
    Likes (Received)

We have a lab also her name is Lady she's the outside dog even though i think bella gets more attn and gets to live inside isnt fair but lady likes outside.
    Its so hard being the queen!!!

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Stella
    Likes (Received)

We have Stella, our EB (16 mos), 6 y/o Golden Retriever, 13 y/o Lab, 2 Parrots (Eclectus and Gray) a rat and a turtle. Stella will play with the Eclectus, try to eat the Golden, ignores the Lab and I had to retrain her to leave the Gray alone. The rat she is very curious about, but we don't let them interact for fear of her eating him. We enjoy our zoo though.

Real Name
    Nu
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Curly
    Likes (Received)

We have 3 dogs and a cat. All are friends. Our cat is the oldest - 14 yrs. then our frenchton - 5 yrs, bugg - 4 yrs and curly - 1 yr. curly is under a year in this pic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    check us out on Instagram: nu__berry (that's two under scrolls)

Bully Bootie Duty
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Buttercup
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JennieS View Post
    We have 2 cats and 2 bullies. Our one cat thinks she's a dog and is always hanging out with brutus and ruthie. it was a big struggle at first because brutus wasn't used to cats and tried to eat her. I broke him of that and now we can't keep them away from each other. The cat sleeps with them, when i call them to go out potty, kitten thinks she has to go out too. it's so funny.
    Our other cat Stinker doesn't bother with the dogs at all. She's not very friendly with anyone except me. She keeps to herself and hisses at the dogs, kitten and anyone else if they get to close.
    It takes a long time for cats to trust and to be in the same environment with dogs. Give it time. the cats are scared. your one cat could also be playing. I know kitten sometimes swipes at Ruthie to get her to play.
    How did you get Brutus to stop seeing cats as food? We are thinking of adopting a rescue cat but Buttercup has cornered two cats already and seems to have a strong prey drive.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Canelo
    Likes (Received)

We have Canelo, then our pugs Chug and Lola and our newest addition Buddy the Mexican Redhead. The last picture is 20 mins after Buddy arrived and Canelo realized someone new was in the house, lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruthie & Brutus
    Likes (Received)

Default have any more pets?

Quote Originally Posted by minibull View Post
    How did you get Brutus to stop seeing cats as food? We are thinking of adopting a rescue cat but Buttercup has cornered two cats already and seems to have a strong prey drive.
    We had him on a leash in the house for a long time. When the cats would come around we would keep telling him no. I would also hold the cats and let him come over and smell them. We would also let the cats bat at him if he got to close, I wouldn't stop them from protecting themselves. Brutus also has a strong prey drive and will go after cats he doesn't know, but we are at the point where we tell him no a few times and change his focus and he leaves them alone. I carry his balls with us everywhere we go because Brutus gets very focused on something and won't let it go and I can distract him and refocus his energy on his ball. Works every time, he's very simple. Try to redirect buttercup to something she loves, other than the cat.
    I also posted in your other thread!!

Bully Bootie Duty
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Buttercup
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JennieS View Post
    We had him on a leash in the house for a long time. When the cats would come around we would keep telling him no. I would also hold the cats and let him come over and smell them. We would also let the cats bat at him if he got to close, I wouldn't stop them from protecting themselves. Brutus also has a strong prey drive and will go after cats he doesn't know, but we are at the point where we tell him no a few times and change his focus and he leaves them alone. I carry his balls with us everywhere we go because Brutus gets very focused on something and won't let it go and I can distract him and refocus his energy on his ball. Works every time, he's very simple. Try to redirect buttercup to something she loves, other than the cat.
    I also posted in your other thread!!

Thank you so much! This sounds very labor intensive but doable. I have noticed that I can distract Buttercup's focus just long enough to grab the handle on her harness, as I did this morning when she saw a fawn during her potty break in our yard. Once I redirected her she was happy to run after me back to the house rather than chase the deer.

But we don't have a toy she loves yet...she just loves her kibble, peanut butter, and coconut oil. Maybe it's time to find a toy we can carry everywhere! The toys her old owner sent with her don't interest her much unless she is really in the mood to play.

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruthie & Brutus
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by minibull View Post
    Thank you so much! This sounds very labor intensive but doable. I have noticed that I can distract Buttercup's focus just long enough to grab the handle on her harness, as I did this morning when she saw a fawn during her potty break in our yard. Once I redirected her she was happy to run after me back to the house rather than chase the deer.

But we don't have a toy she loves yet...she just loves her kibble, peanut butter, and coconut oil. Maybe it's time to find a toy we can carry everywhere! The toys her old owner sent with her don't interest her much unless she is really in the mood to play.
    It's very labor intensive LOL. Good Luck! Maybe start carrying some treats around with you! Here is Brutus, Ruthie and their kitty just from the other day!

-d9a50cda38768d1e2930beb56dcf26ad-jpg

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads