have any more pets?

binxrexchubbs

Oct 1, 2014
NH seacoast
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs W.C.
We also have 2 male cats, 4.5 & 2.5 years old. We're at the point where all 3 can be in the same room, however, one of them still hisses while the other swats. The 4.5 y.o. is the one who swats, purposely. I think he's testing the boundaries but not sure. The 2.5 y.o. hisses any time Chubbs walks by. I thought after 1.5 months of having Chubbs, the kitties wouldn't act like this. Is this normal & I'm just naïve? :hmm:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=9205]JennieS[/MENTION] has two bullies and I think 4 cats.... any suggestions?

I can not have cats with Banks... they will be lunch for her :gimmefood:

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
We have 3 male Bengal cats F2, F3 and F5, 1 Tabby cat, 1 pound puppy, Harlea and 3 rabbits. The 3 Bengals will play with Harlea and Aria, but our older Tabby doesn't really want to have anything to do with them unless he initiates the contact and will growl, hiss and swat at them. When he gets snotty we just move him to another room until he calms down.

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
We have 2 cats and 2 bullies. Our one cat thinks she's a dog and is always hanging out with brutus and ruthie. it was a big struggle at first because brutus wasn't used to cats and tried to eat her. I broke him of that and now we can't keep them away from each other. The cat sleeps with them, when i call them to go out potty, kitten thinks she has to go out too. it's so funny.
Our other cat Stinker doesn't bother with the dogs at all. She's not very friendly with anyone except me. She keeps to herself and hisses at the dogs, kitten and anyone else if they get to close.
It takes a long time for cats to trust and to be in the same environment with dogs. Give it time. the cats are scared. your one cat could also be playing. I know kitten sometimes swipes at Ruthie to get her to play.

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
Oh it is on in our house. We have a Maine Coon who is boss; he takes no prisoners and the bullies learned at an early age not to mess with Search. They wrestle non-stop and it is hilarious to watch Search chase them (Maine Coons are known to be playful). We have another cat, Flower and he isn't friends but the bullies like to chase him under the bed and low crawl under after him. Then there is the newly adopted Catahoula who is just a pup and Search chases him just for fun. Everything in our house chases something or someone. At the end of the day, with the exception of Flower, they all try to get in my chair with me...........got to get a bigger chair. There is also the chickens and sheep and soon to be the cattle but the bullies just bark and the sheep for now. They have been nose to nose with the sheep but not in the pen with them yet; we are breaking everyone into the meet and greets very slowly. Black belly sheep aren't friendly as it is and bullies are a little too friendly for them. lol Good luck.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
We have a tuxedo cat. When we first got Brutus, of course Brutus wanted to play and would run around after the cat. After a few swipes to the head, he figured out chasing the cat wasn't a good idea and they learned to get along. Then we got Frankie. He hates the cat and has grabbed her in his mouth twice. He has never hurt her, but I don't think he knows quite what to make of her. The cat has learned to stay far far away from Frankie. Boots(the cat) stays upstairs anyway and the bullies are not allowed upstairs due to their penchant for eating socks and underwear. so it works out for us. I don't think Frankie and Boots will ever be able to in the same room together.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
We have 2 bullies Bulldozer and Blossom, 1 cat Meeko, a Quaker Parrot named Kiwi, and. Mexican King Snake named Elvis.

We got the cat first, and then Dozer and Blossom, they would love to play with Meeko, they think anything that moves is their friend, but she is indifferent to them, she will stay away from them, but if they get in her face, she will swat at them and then run for higher ground. The only time she will bother with them, is if they are in their crate at night, and then she will jump on top and tease them through the rungs, she's sneaky, she knows she can tap them with her paw, and they can't get her. Lol. She's declawed so she can't scratch them. She does the same thing to the bird, she lays on top if the cage and tries to swat Kiwi, and Kiwi will peck at her, then she runs away. Last Winter, Meeko was laying on top of the snake aquarium, and broke through the mesh, we weren't home during the day, and when we returned we found the broken screen and the snake was missing. Elvis was gone for 3 months somewhere in the basement before we found him, dehydrated and starving. He is active at night, so our searching during the day didn't turn him up. It was Meeko who found him behind the door downstairs, my son was in the bathroom and he saw Meeko playing with something behind the door, and when he looked he saw it was Elvis. I can tell you how received I was that the snake was found, I kept thinking he would end up upstairs, or in my bed one day. Ugh.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    221.6 KB · Views: 119
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    222 KB · Views: 136
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 124
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 122
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 127
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 132
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 125
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 117
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    227.1 KB · Views: 124
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    218.6 KB · Views: 129
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 122
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    220.2 KB · Views: 120
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 129
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    229.6 KB · Views: 125
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    221.8 KB · Views: 113
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    225.4 KB · Views: 128

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
We have 5 dogs and a cocktail . Oh my youngest is a monster. Can I add her???
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413916523.359663.jpg
Please don't let the picture fool ya

OP
binxrexchubbs

binxrexchubbs

Oct 1, 2014
NH seacoast
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs W.C.
[MENTION=9205]JennieS[/MENTION] Brutus tried to eat the cat? Omg, rotf lmao!
[MENTION=5404]dalmatina38[/MENTION] The youngest is half Maine Coon & he definitely thinks he's boss. He's also the one cat who was so scared, he went poo outside the box. Black sheep? So cool.
[MENTION=9370]brutus77[/MENTION] Chubbs still chases the cats, after all the swatting that continues. Haha.
[MENTION=6311]Vikinggirl[/MENTION] A snake?!? Oh no, not for me, haha.What a mean kitty, teasing everyone! [emoji6]
[MENTION=6047]jimmyjj[/MENTION] Haha, of course you can add her! She's adorable!
Thanks all! [emoji3]

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Yes the Snake is of mine, it belongs to my son, and I told him when it gets to be 6 or 7 feet long, I'm turning him into a pair of boots or a purse. Right now he's still less than 3 feet long, and he lives in the basement with my son, so I don't have to see him.

OP
binxrexchubbs

binxrexchubbs

Oct 1, 2014
NH seacoast
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs W.C.
[MENTION=6311]Vikinggirl[/MENTION] Boots, rotf lmao! Even 3 feet makes me cringe. But at least ya don't have to see him.

julescoffman

Sep 26, 2014
florence sc
Bulldog(s) Names
Jasmine and Ruger
My crew is 2 bully's Jasmine 9 next month,Ruger 11 weeks,piper shitzu\jackrussel mix and Si the bearded dragon
Sent from my PM23300 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• Photo(26).jpg
    Photo(26).jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 120
  • 6snap-141013-200346.jpg
    6snap-141013-200346.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 122
  • WP_20140827_004.jpg
    WP_20140827_004.jpg
    225.5 KB · Views: 120
  • InstagramCapture_56539586-63a7-471e-8ad0-42ff6fb4433f_jpg.jpg
    InstagramCapture_56539586-63a7-471e-8ad0-42ff6fb4433f_jpg.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 53
OP
binxrexchubbs

binxrexchubbs

Oct 1, 2014
NH seacoast
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs W.C.
[MENTION=12892]julescoffman[/MENTION] Cute crew! I used to have a bearded dragon. Besides the crickets, they're such a cool pet.

julescoffman

Sep 26, 2014
florence sc
Bulldog(s) Names
Jasmine and Ruger
I love him:) I got rid of crickets,they stink! I feed super worms,phoenix worms and lots of greens,but he's in hibernation right now! Him and jazzy get along good,too cute when Si runs around jazz,the other pups not comfortable letting him around yet,they may think he's a play toy:)
Sent from my PM23300 using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.