EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: "Oh My God He Just Bit Her!"

Oh boy… poor Hershey!!! First of all you are a saint to put up w/that MANY 2 to 3 year olds. Marcus about drives me nuts, and that's only 1 kid… Lol I'm seriously anal w/kids around my dogs, in fact when Marcus had his b-day party here I locked up my dogs… I don't trust the kids around them. I would make sure that when the dogs nap the kids aren't allowed to be near them, that will keep Hershey safe My son went thru a biting faze, and I nipped that in the bud quick… the next time he bit the neighbor girl I flicked him on the lip. He associated biting someone w/pain, and he didn't EVER pull that again.

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Lol Jim, no you can't bite little kids, or cover them in peanut butter and feed them to the dog. I think there's laws against this. Lol. It would be hard for 2 and 3 year olds to totally grasp the idea of being nice to animals, they are just learning at this age, if they were 4 or 5 and older, they are easier to talk to and you can reason with them more. Are the dogs and the daycare kids in the same area during the day?, maybe if the kids are upstairs, the dogs could have free reign of the basement, or if the kids are in the basement playing, then the dogs could be upstairs until they go home?
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Cheryl
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Vegas and Orion
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

You should muzzle the kid when he's around other kids.

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jim B.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chumley and Hershey
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    Oh boy… poor Hershey!!! First of all you are a saint to put up w/that MANY 2 to 3 year olds. Marcus about drives me nuts, and that's only 1 kid… Lol I'm seriously anal w/kids around my dogs, in fact when Marcus had his b-day party here I locked up my dogs… I don't trust the kids around them. I would make sure that when the dogs nap the kids aren't allowed to be near them, that will keep Hershey safe My son went thru a biting faze, and I nipped that in the bud quick… the next time he bit the neighbor girl I flicked him on the lip. He associated biting someone w/pain, and he didn't EVER pull that again.
    Oh I'm not the saint..I made it a point in the past to either not be home or hide downstairs when these little monsters are around. My wife is the saint! That's always worked out okay when it was only chum....now I have to rearrange my schedule so she can watch the kids and I can stay on top of the skin vs. fur kid interactions.

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jim B.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chumley and Hershey
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Vikinggirl View Post
    Lol Jim, no you can't bite little kids, or cover them in peanut butter and feed them to the dog. I think there's laws against this. Lol. It would be hard for 2 and 3 year olds to totally grasp the idea of being nice to animals, they are just learning at this age, if they were 4 or 5 and older, they are easier to talk to and you can reason with them more. Are the dogs and the daycare kids in the same area during the day?, maybe if the kids are upstairs, the dogs could have free reign of the basement, or if the kids are in the basement playing, then the dogs could be upstairs until they go home?
    Pn
    Only in the early morning when the dogs are getting up and the kids are arriving are they really together. For the most part after that the dogs sleep in another room or are outside...once the weather gets colder I'm going to have to make sure they're separated downstairs...It's a shame because the dogs don't deserve to be put in the basement...they're not the cause of the problem but will surely get the blame if something happens.

Bully lov'in wonder from down under Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Julie
    Country
    Australia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ftse
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Some kids are cruel to animals my granddaughter 4 yr old is she watches her brats of brothers and copies them luckily they never come to my house (no relation to me) and Ftse will not go in the lounge room if she is there so I presume she has done something to him because all other children he loves. You feel like biting the kid back but that will just open a whole can of worms. That's why I got out of childcare I aged and lost my patience dealing with some kids that are just brats. Ftse is much better behaved than the kids like I am sure Chumley and Hershey are too.

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Petra van der Walt
    Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
    Likes (Received)

I think most dogs could be trusted around kids... the dogs are normally not the problem. I don't trust kids around my dogs, and unfortunately the dogs are the ones expected to be locked up when kids comes here, how is that fair? We once asked to bring our one of our bulldogs to a friends house and they said NO, so maybe I can say no to them bringing their kids here... I'm not liking kids much so maybe I'm unfair but I think it's not to much to ask that the kids coming into YOUR home behaves around you and your dogs...
    You were born with the ability to change someone's life, don't ever waste it.

Dog Groomer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    X
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    Hahaha Flicked him on the lip.... I would of loved to had seen that..

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Chumley View Post
    Oh I'm not the saint..I made it a point in the past to either not be home or hide downstairs when these little monsters are around. My wife is the saint! That's always worked out okay when it was only chum....now I have to rearrange my schedule so she can watch the kids and I can stay on top of the skin vs. fur kid interactions.
    Well I agree your wife is the saint… Lol Plus you have NO idea what they are allowed to do at their home w/their own dogs… we have run into that issue here. I will put Marcus in time-out immediately if I see him doing something w/the dogs that he KNOWS Mimi doesn't allow. I have NO idea what the heck goes on at his house, and they have a german shepherd that has bitten 2 people so far SO help me...

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

The New Casper Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Todd
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Time to sell the wife and keep the dogs?
    Bulldogs are like potato chips. You just can't stop with one.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Chumley View Post
    well off to bed..I have a kid to bite tomorrow..should I give him a gentle one or a real lesson learner?
    A lessoned learned one! but be sure not to leave any marks!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

I really feel for you Jim because you are in a tough spot. I would try to keep the dogs and brats, I mean kids, separate. It isn't fair to the dogs and the kids are really too young to understand fully how to behave. I can say that if it was me and my dogs and god forbid one of them bit a kid who was not being nice to my dog, I would be divorced and living alone with them before I got rid of either one of them. how long are the kids at the house? Maybe you can just let them chill in the bedroom or something while they are there.
    My smooshy face boy!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads