Gas free treats?

DCL86

Dec 18, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harleigh
I'm working on getting Harleigh trained, and the best motivator is treats (I know, big surprise there!). I've tried a couple different treats and she gets crazy gas with them! I already put yogurt in her food. Can anyone recommend any treats they use for training or for tricks? or ingredients that could cause extra gas?

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sojos have wonderful little bone treats that are great for training, what are you feeding her?

OP
D

DCL86

Dec 18, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harleigh
Healthy dogma and blue wilderness so far. Figured I was able to understand all the ingredients so why not give them a try... Fail.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
There are treats called Fruitables. I heard many use them. They shouldn't cause gas.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We use either, kibble, frozen greens beans or Frutiables. Fruitables comes in two type.... soft and crunchy. The soft are smal and like 3 calories each

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I cook porks tongue and sometimes even dy it in the owen. If you don't wan't to make your own look for dried stuff without additives.

Goob14

Jun 26, 2014
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Goob
I give Goob Charlee Bear treats. They have grain free flavors as well (in case Harleigh has any allergies). They're about 5 dollars a bag at Petco, made in the US with the major ingredients produced in the US&Canada, they're small, and they only have 3 calories. The size is perfect because you can stick a handful in your pocket and train train train!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online