Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My heart is breaking

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nigel Wentworth Sinclair & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: My heart is breaking

I think it's the son-in-law that needs training! Your daughter needs to train him to respect you and your pet. Shame on her for allowing him to disrespect you this way even if you are in his home.

Cheerio mates!

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    agreed.... if the son-in-law continues his behavior, Sebastian, regardless of training, will continue to feel the need to protect and guard
    I totally agree with @2BullyMama and @Blueberrys Mom The past treatment of Sebastion by the NSIL, his negativity, all this is remembered and sensed by him(Seb.). Dogs can easily feel "vibes" and are extremely sensitive to feelings in their living conditions. He is feeling the need to lash out, as he knows there is tension(which can translate to fear) in the situation. He is growing up and feeling the need to protect himself and you in this situation. I don't know if a trainer can help Sebastion in your living situation -I believe that is the root cause of his behavior. You may have to make a choice.......
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Bulldog Vet in Training g8erjackie's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jackie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruckus and Regina
    Likes (Received)

I'm so sorry that you and Sebastian have to go through this. My heart breaks for you because I can't imagine living without my Ruckus.

I dont want want to seem cold either, but I don't think neutering Sebatian will have the effect you are hoping for and I don't see training working very well in this situation. It might help make him a little more comfortable with having the girls in your room, but you're not son in law sounds like he has really done a number on poor Sevastian and you can't train a dog to tolerate abuse. If he does these awful things to Sebastian that you know about, I'd hate to think what you don't know about. If Sebastian doesn't feel safe with everyone in the family he will continue to act out of fear and to protect himself and you against his perceived threat, your NSIL.

Sebastian needs love, room to exercise, and to be free from torment. Neutering and training won't help there. I wish you all the best and all the best for Sebastian. I know you love him and want him with you, but if you remain in that house, it seems like it might be in Sebastian's best interests to be elsewhere.

Real Name
    Donna
    Country
    Us
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sebastian
    Likes (Received)

Now the not son in law is moving out and I think that will change Sebastian in all good ways this past week I have started crate training again His first crate broke and I had not replaced it till now and there is already a change for the better . so I see nothing but good things ahead and I can keep my baby

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Real Name
    Donna
    Country
    Us
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sebastian
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    agreed.... if the son-in-law continues his behavior, Sebastian, regardless of training, will continue to feel the need to protect and guard
    I am not taking anything you say wrong because I know it's true I have been telling my daughter that her man is what's wrong with my dog and it's not fair to him or me . But now Remy is moving and I am so happy !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

I'm so happy the son in law is moving and that should help with Sebastian. You may still need a professional trainer to teach you how to deal with him, but as others have said, it would not do any good it the son in law was still there teasing him. I would have kicked him out of my house a long time ago, but that's just me. No body messes with my bullies.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Bulldog Vet in Training g8erjackie's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jackie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruckus and Regina
    Likes (Received)

Such great news for you and your family! I'm glad you didn't have to make the tough decision to give him up. Bye bye not son in law!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads