Has anyone ever heard of something like THIS?!?

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I haven't recently heard of it happening, but it has in the past. It's always a good idea to check the food in their bowl before giving it to them, as things happen, even in human food.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
yes, same, heard of it in the past but not recently
[MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] [MENTION=7260]Chumley[/MENTION] [MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] .... you will be interested in this article. It is Earthborn Holistic :eek:

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Oh NO!!!! That's what I feed and have fed for two years now, only the Lamb. And as a matter of fact about 2 years ago we bought a big bag and brought it home. The food had shredded paper (not metal) all through out the bag!!!! and the pcs. were big enough we could see it was written in Chinese. We took the bag back and exchanged it. I ALWAYS look through Vegas's food before I feed him. I get his breakfast and dinner in a bowl on the kitchen counter under a full light since we found that paper. Before I sit it in his bowl holder. I hate reading this and will be paranoid and keep on looking harder now.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I sure hope that bulldog pulls thru from ingesting the metal. Last year I found some blue plastic pellets in a bag of Nature's Variety Instinct that I bought. Luckily, the boys didn't eat the food b/c i saw the pellet in the bowl, and reported this to the store and the company. Very scary.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I hadn't heard about this story, but have seen recalls this year regarding metal in the dog food , can't recall if it was from Purina or Nestlé, but I know it happens, and also in treats. It's scary to think we pay extra for these holistic foods and think we are feeding our guys a safe product, and then they get sick. It makes me want to make my own dog food.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
OMG… I feed Earthborn Holistic to my boxer Roxie, and she's been acting very off the last couple of weeks. I didn't notice anything in her food, but how would you even know?!!

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
I feed Chumley Earthborn Holistic Meadowfeast. Coincidentally, Hershey was on it too before I got him as it was the only food that seemed to work for him...This is very concerning! ive never had an issue but just reading this alone makes me want to stop!

MyStellaBully

Aug 20, 2013
Geneva, Illinois
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella
She is one of our fellow volunteers for Chicago english bulldog rescue. Her dog is pretty sick right now, and he is a senior bully. I just switched Stella to this same food a few weeks ago. I hope it's just an isolated incident, and that her dog is better soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.