Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruby
    Likes (Received)

Default New to this group,

Hi Pati,

we are in blackpool.

Would this be something they would check when ruby is spayed? Or is it best I get them to check for it now rather then wait till she's spayed?

The vet we went to see on Wednesday was one I had found on the bulldog rescue recommend vets list although I wasn't that fond of him he seem a little obnoxious for my liking he didn't seem to want to listen to our concerns.

My own vets where very good with ruby when she had, the upper respiratory infection & pneumonia, they took great care of her, ruby actually gets excited when we pull up outside the vets now ( she's the only dog I know that loves going to the vets lol) but I just feel we are going round in circles with this congestion sound and just don't seem to be getting to the bottom of it and I worry that she could become really poorly with it

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person? Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Pati
    Country
    UK-Cardiff
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: New to this group,

Quote Originally Posted by rubymummy View Post
    Hi Pati,

we are in blackpool.

Would this be something they would check when ruby is spayed? Or is it best I get them to check for it now rather then wait till she's spayed?

The vet we went to see on Wednesday was one I had found on the bulldog rescue recommend vets list although I wasn't that fond of him he seem a little obnoxious for my liking he didn't seem to want to listen to our concerns.

My own vets where very good with ruby when she had, the upper respiratory infection & pneumonia, they took great care of her, ruby actually gets excited when we pull up outside the vets now ( she's the only dog I know that loves going to the vets lol) but I just feel we are going round in circles with this congestion sound and just don't seem to be getting to the bottom of it and I worry that she could become really poorly with it
    Hi hun , they can check this when she get spayed , most of short faced dogs i know of had them corrected asap , the thing is -if it is one of the things i mentioned its best to do it now rather than wait -as with amount if exercise even radiator heat it might make Ruby a little but uncomfortable

Obnoxious vet? I had few like this before x
    I just asked and heard that The rufford group vets in southport and are very good if this is any help for you xxx
    "I use search option before posting new thread "
    Rest In Peace Winston xxx

Shy & Lilly

Real Name
    Donna
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruby
    Likes (Received)

Thank-you I'm not sure how far out southport is from here but will google map it - I will defiantly ask them to check them, it doesn't seem to bother her she still eats drinks and plays fine, think it bothers me more then it does her. But if it needs doing and going to help she will be having it done,

Thank-you again for your help wish I'd of found this group when months ago when she first took poorly and I was at my wits ends with worry

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person? Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Pati
    Country
    UK-Cardiff
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Hun -i might be wrong but it is worth checking x this group is a life saver x
    Ps greetings from Cardiff xx
    "I use search option before posting new thread "
    Rest In Peace Winston xxx

Shy & Lilly

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

Welcome and sorry your baby is having problems. As others have said get her palate checked, sounds like it is too long. As good bully vet is a must for this type of surgery. Good luck with your search of vet. Plus I would get her off the food she is on and find a good quality grain free food.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Welcome & sorry your sweetie has not been well. Is you vet well trained with bulldog health ? If not I would suggest that you research and find one that has a good bulldog knowledge. They are a unique breed with very breed specific health issues. Just a thought.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Real Name
    Donna
    Country
    Us
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sebastian
    Likes (Received)

Welcome !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

agingermom's minion and cabana boy Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    jimmy
    Country
    Scotland .
    Bulldog(s) Names
    diesel - paisley & nula
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by rubymummy View Post
    Hi all I wonder if anyone can help, my little girl who is five month old has been poorly since she was ten week old having got a URI which turned into pneumonia she spent some time in the EV since then we have been fighting this horrible congestion sound which tends to come and go as you imagine we have been back and fourth to the vet that many times I've lost count feel so sorry for the little girl as we just don't seem to be able to get to the bottom off it, has anyone else had experience with this before
    Welcome. Hope your baby is better.
    I am off to Blackpool 2 morra. It's doing to be cold

Real Name
    Donna
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruby
    Likes (Received)

Thanks @jimmyjj - we are off to the vets soon - hope you had a great time over here in blackpool and it wasn't to windy for you

Harvey's Executive Assistant Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harvey Specter
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Bulldog(s) Names
    Utley and Bella
    Likes (Received)

We had and still gave the same problem with our now 2 year old EB. He had pneumonia as a puppy as we'll. As for the mucus we believe it is seasonal allergies. He acts up pretty bad. This time if year is the worst for him. He gets Benadryl twice a day every day and is now on steroids to try and prevent him from getting any worse. Hope your baby girl is feeling better soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads