Obnoxious prices?

agentbunny

Nov 2, 2013
San Francisco, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Leo & Lola
@2BullyMama you're so sweet! @dolphin haha, that's the price she claimed to have paid. She told me her veterinarian today & I've heard BAD things about that place. @agentbunny one of Chubbs' testicles hasn't dropped either.
Thanks all!

What did the vet say about the hiding testicle? Mine told me that if it was not removed it could cause cancer but that there was always a chance it would drop. Leo's was so high in his abdomen that I didnt want to take the chance. Here is a pic of where they had to make the cut.
IMG_1100.jpg

OP
binxrexchubbs

binxrexchubbs

Oct 1, 2014
NH seacoast
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs W.C.
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] I'm not sure what the vet needs to do to his eye. Suppose we'll find out at the consultation. Yes, I'm going to a different vet. [MENTION=10206]agentbunny[/MENTION] She said it's hiding & to hope it drops. That it can become tangled & cause cancer, basically the same you heard. I'm hoping it drops in the next few months. That picture looks like it hurts!

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I don't get it..

Just checked over an old bill dated 9/24/13 from when Blue had his Cherry Eye tacked, both eyes.

The portion just for his cherry eye(both eyes) totaled $1,014.92
They were done by the head of Ophthalmology at one of the best animal hospitals in the country (it's a non-profit research hospital, The Animal Medical Center) in NY, NY.

He also had his palate reduced and tonsils and saccules removed at the same time by another vet. They each even charged separately for the anesthesia. There was also an overnight stay and meds.
The total bill was still under 4k.

So I don't understand what she was billed for. I'd request a refund!

OP
binxrexchubbs

binxrexchubbs

Oct 1, 2014
NH seacoast
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs W.C.
[MENTION=7457]Blueberrys Mom[/MENTION] I'm with ya, don't get it either. She must be leaving something out. [MENTION=10206]agentbunny[/MENTION] OMG! Too cute!!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
What did the vet say about the hiding testicle? Mine told me that if it was not removed it could cause cancer but that there was always a chance it would drop. Leo's was so high in his abdomen that I didnt want to take the chance. Here is a pic of where they had to make the cut.
View attachment 78958

OMG! I've heard about this being done but have never seen a picture of the afterward. Thanks for sharing.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.