"BLUE" Bullies?

Sophatp

Feb 2, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Leonidas
Leo has been DNA tested and he carriers the black gene as he is black brindle and white. I am very proud and happy to have him in my life. No health issues so far and great temperament. I have met both his dam and sire and they too are wonderful with no health issues. The breeder is only a phone call away if I have any issues. Just because he carries the black gene doesn't make him inferior to other bullies in my eyes.

tsmith0321

Feb 19, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rey
I am not completely sure about "blue" but I know people who are breeding "lilac" bulldogs! They are BEAUTIFUL! I don't think these are show quality dogs but they are still beautiful!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
[MENTION=16877]tsmith0321[/MENTION] and welcome! It's 5 a.m. I can't sleep (dont ask lol ) so I read this thread which I never read before. Funny how people are fast to judge others. I know a lot of people that had/have different or rare colour dogs/cats. They're healthy and/or lived normal lives. I had a blue carrier Doberman which i had no clue nor did the breeder and she had a blue pup in the litter who was very healthy throughout her life. The problem people are getting is that if you do the homework on the bulldog, they had issues for decades cause of human species alternating the breed. Bulldogs never had issues till someone decided to shorten the nose, change the ears, especially the size etc etc. cause they wanted a solid dog in a ring to challenge real bulls as in the cow kind for bull baiting. 100yrs later we now have bullies with all sorts of issues. This goes for a lot of other breeds not just the EB. IMO, its not "just the colour" that damages or damaged the breed, it's what "we" did to them 100yrs ago and it carried on. You think it's normal to buy breeds of dogs with issues like EB and pay for a dog $3, 000 to $50, 000 plus the vet bills? It's modern society, it's the "in" thing it's marketing! "They have that, I want that." (Off the topic...like the IPhone.) I wouldn't pay for any dog over $1500. Some might roll their eyes but when I bought Nyala, I wanted a smaller EB, nose a bit longer, didnt want the big thick rope, normal ears...and that's what I got. I wanted even a tad smaller but that didn't work as she's 50lbs. Nyala's kind is what the EB use to looked like 100yrs ago. Who knows, maybe it's a fluke, or maybe them breeders will bring back the "use to be" and have healthier EB like we did back then. Dont touch what Mother Nature gave us. Ok that was my 2 cents worth.

451px-Original_Handsome_Dan_Yale's_mascot.jpeg

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
I absolutely agree. My aunt had a bulldog when I was a child and the difference between him and Monty is remarkable. Look at what they have done to the German Shepherd and that dreadful sloping back or the pain a Cavalier Spaniel goes through because their head is too small for their brain. The BBC did a documentary a few years ago. It caused a huge uproar. Warning, it is disturbing and heartbreaking to watch. https://vimeo.com/17558275

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=13737]1Chumly[/MENTION]

Thanks for the video! I am so not surprised with all these "Kennel Clubs" around the world. These 2 dudes of the health care kennel club are real "life" idiots. A lot more like them in all the clubs. Sad! No scientific evidence interbreeding is bad or that Jeff Sampson camouflaging results!?!?!? Should all be slapped! A friend of mine, her good friend is a top judge at the CKC, the crap I hear in judging, I told her I don't want to know anymore. I like the reporter when she asked: would you sleep with your daughter/family member? replied NO...well its the same. No its not...yes it is... lol what a dumbas* proven fact makes "retarted" children. Neurological issues guaranteed to happen. The health insurance for pet skyrocket? Another scam caused by them clubs. My first Doberman had his papers n all. I was approach by someone working for the CKC and asked me if I was interested putting my dog in shows as he had all the perfect lines and had that sleek body. Said I can get different paperwork for my dog's mom, dad, grandparents...:facepalm2: all for $5, 000 I was like spitting feathers! I was younger too. Told him where to go alright! Even back then I never tolerated encouraging losers. All this to say, these clubs needs a lot of cleaning up asap. If they would clean their act it would discourage breeders. In this case, you need to discourage from the top "all kennel clubs"and work down to the scaming breeders. And yes, not all breeders are bad. You really get some honest ones. They just get the bad rap cause of the bad ones. We tend to put them all in the same boat. Do your homework when you buy any pet. Ask a million questions if you have to or just help out the rescues, SPCAs, mutts as they sure need a good home too!

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
I understand everyone's opinions on the Blues but I have a nine week old Blue female that is awesome and we are crazy about her :)
epuqetet.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She is ado AdOrAbLe!
We have 12 week old Bella. Some say she is a blue some say a lilac tri... either way we love her to death!!IMG_3811.JPG

KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
"BLUE" Bullies?

The blue gene is generally a recessive gene. You can't definitively breed to it in many breeds. It just pops up in litters. I've had a blue female afghan and a blue SharPei. The gene was very rare in the Afghan world. I bred the female Afghan and had three litters by three different studs, one a black, one a tan with black mask and one a solid tan. I got black pups, tan pups and tan with back saddles and masks. Never a blue. I gave up.
I guess it's not a recessive gene in Weimariners, but I know for sure it is in Afghans and SharPeis. Also, both had light eyes, but not dilute noses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
She is ado AdOrAbLe!
We have 12 week old Bella. Some say she is a blue some say a lilac tri... either way we love her to death!!View attachment 104102

She's is adorable! Colour is just a colour. Some likes black, white, tan,red, brindle, brown etc etc. If you're breeding and want to put your dog in shows, well maybe you might have to follow their so call rules. I dont agree with what these clubs rules as they created dogs with issues "awaiting". What counts is when you pick up all the puppies and you connect with "that" one you want to bring home. And yes you probably want to bring them all home lol.

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
She's is adorable! Colour is just a colour. Some likes black, white, tan,red, brindle, brown etc etc. If you're breeding and want to put your dog in shows, well maybe you might have to follow their so call rules. I dont agree with what these clubs rules as they created dogs with issues "awaiting". What counts is when you pick up all the puppies and you connect with "that" one you want to bring home. And yes you probably want to bring them all home lol.

She was one of only two left of 8. I can't imagine any of them being cuter than my Bella! Lol
LolIMG_3948.JPG

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.