"BLUE" Bullies?

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
What really caught my attention was the size of the body wrinkles..... looks like 3 pounds of puppy in a 20 pound skin... ROFL:lol:

OP
G

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
WOW! Those are some super WRINKLEY puppies! They look more like Shar Pei puppies. I agree, they are just too much of a good thing. That "blue" puppy is adorable! He looks black. I can only imagine what his price tag was, as the other pups on the site are $3400. Shrink a bull?? That just sounds WRONG! What health problems would these blues have? That would really stink to pay extra for a "rare" puppy that has health issues.

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
OMG they are sooooo wrinkly. What exactly is a miniature English Bulldog, has anyone actually seen one?

Cute blue puppy. Not impressed with the breeder but hopefully they take care of the dogs well. Those prices are about right for puppy from champions right?

Lacey28

Community Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Windsor Ontario Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Silva and Stella
Wow! I have never seen a bully with that colouring. He is cute but like everyone said I just want a healthy, happy bully! My daughters love the Jonas brothers!! I have heard of a shrink-a-bull from the internet, I think it is a mix of different breeds and looks like an EB but only gets to be about 25 lbs. I have never seen one only on the net!

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I guess I'm in the minority but I find something very disturbing about the puppy photos on the website. That cannot be good or comfortable for the dog. Some of the bulldog's health issues come from their good looks and to accentuate those looks even more by making the dog smaller, thicker, and more wrinkly seems wrong to me. It also seems misleading to include a "Breed Standard" on the website when, to my knowledge, these are not AKC dogs.

Plus, I love me a big bulldog - give me 80 pounds of Linus love any day!

OP
G

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
[MENTION=860]jillh10[/MENTION]: I don't think you're in the minority at all. I think they're doing the breed a dis-service trying to make them into something they're not. And I also agree, it they're achieving this by mixing in other breeds, then what good is a "champion" if it's not an AKC pup? To charge these prices when they're not AKC I think is very wrong!

PCBulldog

Dec 16, 2010
Panama City Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Charlie
Miniature English Bulldog

The Miniature English Bulldog is not a breed recognized by the American Kennel Club (AKC). Instead, it is a breed under development; consequently, the origins of any one dog may be mixed. Potential owners will be wise to educate themselves about the breeding and characteristics of this new variety.

Found this on another site.

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
pretty, but i second everyone else's opinion. looks like a pit/sharpei/bulldog. i wish instead of developing new breeds, people would just better existing ones and try to squash out puppy mills and promote rescue.

VegasGeorge

Jan 13, 2013
Sin City in the Great Mojave Desert
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily and Daisy
I'm a relatively new Bulldog owner. My three Bullies came to me through . I made no effort to get a special color or particularly small pup. Mine are just regular Bulldogs insofar as I can tell. I bought Lily and Abby, litter mate sisters, at the same time. As you might know from my previous posts, Abby died suddenly at 10 months from an apparent (but not proven) genetic abnormality. Probably an aneurism. The breeder immediately, and without any coaxing, offered us full credit toward another puppy. That's when we got Daisy. Now it looks like Daisy came to us with Blasto. We are waiting for clinical conformation, but she's already taking the drug for it. We don't have Blasto contaminated soil here in Nevada, but they do in Ohio where the breeder is. In defense of the breeder, from what I've read, there's no way an Ohio resident can test the soil, or identify potential Blasto infected areas. It's just an unfortunate and unavoidable risk in that part of the country. My Bullies have all been of normal size. At 19 months, Lily weighs in at a healthy 65 pounds. Abby was slightly bigger and heavier than Lily when she died. Daisy looks as if she will mature to be at least as big as Lily. I'm waiting for clinical conformation before bringing Daisy's problem to the breeder's attention. FYI, I paid ordinary prices for my pups, nothing exorbitant. I'll let you know how it all develops.

Last edited by a moderator:

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I have been on that website that is in this post and seen the blue bulldogs but also they feed them this mush that they show in one of the pictures and it makes me wonder what they are feeding them to make them that wrinkled and so different? Anything that messes with this breed I feel will be bringing in more health issues! Also I dont believe mini bulldogs are healthy either. If you naturally have a small bulldog that was a runt or something that is different but when you try to breed down just to make a smaller bulldog that is when problems happen.

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
I checked out their website.... that puppy now belongs to Joe Jonas of the Jonas Brothers..... Can't imagine what he paid to that puppy... yikes!One thing I noticed was that most of their puppies are VERY wrinkled.... I wonder when it becomes too much in the case of wrinkles.?
To me they look like they have Chinese Shar Pei in them.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
I've seen that website and their blue colored blue eyed bulldogs and chocolate colored green eyed bulldogs cost anywhere from $15k-$25k. Totally disagree with breeding these colors just to price gouge! Does anyone know for a fact that these colored bulldogs are unhealthier?

PapaSmurf2

Bike riding, bully loving soldier
Jan 21, 2013
Hattiesburg MS
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie
Gracie is a blue and lemon yellow brindle. We didn't pay anymore for her than the standard price of other bulldogs in our area and the breeder didn't seem to think she was anything special (color wise). She does have blue eyes. She seems to be healthy so far. Her skin is clear and her coat is soft. I hadn't heard of "designer" bulldogs until after I brought her home. I also found out she's an olde..so that might help with some of the health issues. I'll keep you posted as she grows.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.