"BLUE" Bullies?

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
Is anyone familiar with a color of Bully that they refer to as "Blue"? I've seen several ads for either blue or blue carriers, that are much higher priced, but I really couldn't see any difference in their color. Anyone know what this is?

doblackburn

May 25, 2010
UGHHHH!! Blue (or black) Bulldogs DO NOT come from reputable, ethical breeders. Period.

Sure, the color is rare, but that doesn't mean they're more valuable. It's like people charging crazy prices for "designer dogs" ~ like Labradoodles or Cockapoos or whatever they call them now ~ simply because of their name. They're still mutts. Save yourself the dough and go save a life at a shelter!

I would encourage anyone who is looking for a Bulldog to first get involved with their closest Bulldog club. Make friends with people IN the breed to learn more about THE breed. There are a ton of nut jobs out there just trying to make a buck off their dogs, which is downright disgusting.:angry:

OP
G

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
I am not looking to (or even thinking about) purchasing one of these "blues". I just was curious about exactly what the blue referred to.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I have seen bulldogs in show with some blue-brindle on them as well. It is a more rare color, as is the reverse brindle. But yet I completely agree that those trying to change or enhance the breed just so they can charge extra for a designer dog does not appear to breed for the right reasons. Health should be the priority.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Yeah..I've had one before. Vegas got into some blue paint...tracked it all over the floor. It wasn't very nice OR pretty. Little paw prints all over the place. (he no longer is aloud to help me paint in the craft room) Luckily...I was able to bathe the blue off him and restore him to his beautiful red color. :whew:

NICASFINEST

Dec 9, 2010
California
Bulldog(s) Names
BUGZY
[MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] lol!!!!:lol:
Everyone else i agree is just another way these breeders are trying to make more money off the bullys!! it sucks!!! awhile ago i was given 2 pitbulls not knowing they were blue pits which honestly looked no different then the regular pits...so idk whats the big deal behind it is!!!

jortiz9758

Aug 22, 2010
Pembroke Pines Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno
I have seen a few online and actually got to see one in person last year at the Bullylympics here in Fort lauderdale. One of the Jonas brothers just recently bought one for a ton of money.Here is what he bought ...his name is Winston

Last edited by a moderator:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Since I own this website I cannot say what I think about that breeder. Unfortunately.

But I do know that Blue Eyes are not recognized by the BCA and "Mini" bulldogs are not recognized by AKC

Last edited:

bfletch13

Community Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Jozi, Wales
I would have never known that it was a bad practice. To
be honest I would have bought the on that [MENTION=1104]jortiz9758[/MENTION]
posted in a heartbeat. To bad they have all the problems
cause they sure are cute.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
[MENTION=1621]bfletch13[/MENTION].... me too..... I'd love to have that blue baby if it was a healthy dog.

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
The first dog isn't the same as the second and third. The markings are different. But I have to agree very cute. I'd never outright buy from a breeder anyway. rescue all the way!!!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
I checked out their website.... that puppy now belongs to Joe Jonas of the Jonas Brothers..... Can't imagine what he paid to that puppy... yikes!

One thing I noticed was that most of their puppies are VERY wrinkled.... I wonder when it becomes too much in the case of wrinkles.?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I checked out their website.... that puppy now belongs to Joe Jonas of the Jonas Brothers..... Can't imagine what he paid to that puppy... yikes!

One thing I noticed was that most of their puppies are VERY wrinkled.... I wonder when it becomes too much in the case of wrinkles.?

You make an excellent point. Tidus is very wrinkly on his face, chin, head.... it definitely takes more time to keep him clean than it does my girls, and they are just as pretty! While nose ropes are very attractive to me, Mollys is very deep and tends to be an ongoing battle to keep hers bacteria free. So yes, to me there is a point when you gotta think there is too much wrinkles.....

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.