Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: "BLUE" Bullies?

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Norman, LeRoy and China
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: "BLUE" Bullies?

The first dog isn't the same as the second and third. The markings are different. But I have to agree very cute. I'd never outright buy from a breeder anyway. rescue all the way!!!
    Ask the experimenters why they experiment on animals, and the answer is: "Because the animals are like us." Ask the experimenters why it is morally okay to experiment on animals, and the answer is: "Because the animals are not like us." Animal experimentation rests on a logical contradiction. ~Charles R. Magel

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

I checked out their website.... that puppy now belongs to Joe Jonas of the Jonas Brothers..... Can't imagine what he paid to that puppy... yikes!

One thing I noticed was that most of their puppies are VERY wrinkled.... I wonder when it becomes too much in the case of wrinkles.?

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BruceP View Post
    I checked out their website.... that puppy now belongs to Joe Jonas of the Jonas Brothers..... Can't imagine what he paid to that puppy... yikes!

One thing I noticed was that most of their puppies are VERY wrinkled.... I wonder when it becomes too much in the case of wrinkles.?
    You make an excellent point. Tidus is very wrinkly on his face, chin, head.... it definitely takes more time to keep him clean than it does my girls, and they are just as pretty! While nose ropes are very attractive to me, Mollys is very deep and tends to be an ongoing battle to keep hers bacteria free. So yes, to me there is a point when you gotta think there is too much wrinkles.....

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

What really caught my attention was the size of the body wrinkles..... looks like 3 pounds of puppy in a 20 pound skin... ROFL

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gertie & Ida
    Likes (Received)

WOW! Those are some super WRINKLEY puppies! They look more like Shar Pei puppies. I agree, they are just too much of a good thing. That "blue" puppy is adorable! He looks black. I can only imagine what his price tag was, as the other pups on the site are $3400. Shrink a bull?? That just sounds WRONG! What health problems would these blues have? That would really stink to pay extra for a "rare" puppy that has health issues.

There is nothing nicer than two sweet Bully girls, unless it's THREE sweet Bully girls!!
    Julie, Gertie, Ida & Clementine in Az.

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bear
    Likes (Received)

OMG they are sooooo wrinkly. What exactly is a miniature English Bulldog, has anyone actually seen one?

Cute blue puppy. Not impressed with the breeder but hopefully they take care of the dogs well. Those prices are about right for puppy from champions right?

Real Name
    Lacey
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Silva and Stella
    Likes (Received)

Wow! I have never seen a bully with that colouring. He is cute but like everyone said I just want a healthy, happy bully! My daughters love the Jonas brothers!! I have heard of a shrink-a-bull from the internet, I think it is a mix of different breeds and looks like an EB but only gets to be about 25 lbs. I have never seen one only on the net!
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Anonymous

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley, Linus, Truman
    Likes (Received)

I guess I'm in the minority but I find something very disturbing about the puppy photos on the website. That cannot be good or comfortable for the dog. Some of the bulldog's health issues come from their good looks and to accentuate those looks even more by making the dog smaller, thicker, and more wrinkly seems wrong to me. It also seems misleading to include a "Breed Standard" on the website when, to my knowledge, these are not AKC dogs.

Plus, I love me a big bulldog - give me 80 pounds of Linus love any day!

"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive."
    Bentley (5.24.04 - 6.26.10) & Linus (1.10.06 - 7.31.13)

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jillh10 View Post
    IPlus, I love me a big bulldog - give me 80 pounds of Linus love any day!
    I second that! I just love love Linus in general!!!!!!!!

"Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

Bulldog(s) Names
    Gertie & Ida
    Likes (Received)

@jillh10: I don't think you're in the minority at all. I think they're doing the breed a dis-service trying to make them into something they're not. And I also agree, it they're achieving this by mixing in other breeds, then what good is a "champion" if it's not an AKC pup? To charge these prices when they're not AKC I think is very wrong!

There is nothing nicer than two sweet Bully girls, unless it's THREE sweet Bully girls!!
    Julie, Gertie, Ida & Clementine in Az.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Charlie
    Likes (Received)

Miniature English Bulldog

The Miniature English Bulldog is not a breed recognized by the American Kennel Club (AKC). Instead, it is a breed under development; consequently, the origins of any one dog may be mixed. Potential owners will be wise to educate themselves about the breeding and characteristics of this new variety.

Found this on another site.

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Butler
    Likes (Received)

pretty, but i second everyone else's opinion. looks like a pit/sharpei/bulldog. i wish instead of developing new breeds, people would just better existing ones and try to squash out puppy mills and promote rescue.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Remove Ads