Victor - Victoria?

binxrexchubbs

Oct 1, 2014
NH seacoast
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs W.C.
At first I thought it was just me, come to find out it's not. Here's what happens. Whenever I take Chubbs out to go potty, he's sweet one second & the next he's jumping at & nipping my ankles/pants. No matter how quickly I move, he's already on the other side. I end up having to keep the leash at arms length so he doesn't get me. [emoji53]

Has this happened to anyone else?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Firm NO and place in a sit position. How old is Chubbs?

You out also want to use the training technique, 'nothing in life is free'. There is a link I. The training section (I'd post her, but on my phone)

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
This doesn't happen with mine, but something similar (he'd grab his leash and trash around with it, roll around with it, etc). Doesn't happen often anymore and is usually easy to correct... Now!

But what we do is pretty much exactly what [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] just said. He gets a NO! and has to sit for a second until he seems calm. Once he starts walking nicely, i tell him he's a good boy.
Start small. I know you said this is just for potty walks. As you go for longer walks do a little more each day. And depending on how nuts he is, maybe you'll want to consider starting over with leash training.

I know this is frustrating! Stay calm and positive.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Yes. Jewel did this to us when she was a pup. We took her to puppy training classes where we learned "return" and "watch me" when she did she got a treat. Since here injury and surgery, she does not perform this ritual. Plus she has a brother (Bentley) to antagonize.

OP
binxrexchubbs

binxrexchubbs

Oct 1, 2014
NH seacoast
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs W.C.
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] I've been trying to do the firm No & sit but he's just too fast. There are times when I can get him to sit, however he'll jump up at me if it's too long (according to him.) He's 3 months old. [MENTION=9723]jenzaar[/MENTION] Chubbs grabs his leash as well, lol. Not often though. [MENTION=11639]rjisaterp[/MENTION] Thanks!

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
@2BullyMama I've been trying to do the firm No & sit but he's just too fast. There are times when I can get him to sit, however he'll jump up at me if it's too long (according to him.) He's 3 months old. @jenzaar Chubbs grabs his leash as well, lol. Not often though. @rjisaterp Thanks!

Oh, boy... patience is your best bet here. You have to beat him and wait it out.... stay consistent. If he moves before you tell him, put him back in the sit postion. Be sure to sign up for a puppy training class once he has all his shots.... it willbe sooooooo worth the time and money

OP
binxrexchubbs

binxrexchubbs

Oct 1, 2014
NH seacoast
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs W.C.
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] Okay, thanks! I just feel so helpless sometimes. He definitely listens to men better. My hubby, my father & father-in-law can stop Chubbs in his tracks. #superjealous [emoji53]

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
@2BullyMama Okay, thanks! I just feel so helpless sometimes. He definitely listens to men better. My hubby, my father & father-in-law can stop Chubbs in his tracks. #superjealous [emoji53]

he is a stinker then... keep at him and make sure he knows you also are to be listened to. At this age, they are so sute it is hard to push yourself to be strick

OP
binxrexchubbs

binxrexchubbs

Oct 1, 2014
NH seacoast
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs W.C.
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] Haha, yes he definitely is a stinker! Thanks for all of your help... with all my crazy questions! [emoji3] [emoji122]

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
@2BullyMama Haha, yes he definitely is a stinker! Thanks for all of your help... with all my crazy questions! [emoji3] [emoji122]

no worries... ask away! It is why we are all here...help the bullies and their parents

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.