YAY So excited!!!

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Got an email today with the details of the upcoming Bulldog Beauty Contest! Sunday February 13th in Long Beach, CA!! Dave and I have gone for the last several years, I wouldn't miss it for the world! Hundreds of bulldogs = Tessa's heaven :) Dave says I'm a mean mommy because I never take Samson but he has become quite a bully with male dogs over the years so I think that it would be really inappropriate to take him personally. I think you should only take your bully if they like other dogs and Samson doesn't like ALL other dogs. Thats not mean is it????? Anyway I am SUPER excited!

bulldogbeauty.com

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
I can understand that you would want to soak in the Bully rich atmosphere without having to worry about Samson. It sounds really fun... are you taking a camera?

OP
TessaAndSamson

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
I can understand that you would want to soak in the Bully rich atmosphere without having to worry about Samson. It sounds really fun... are you taking a camera?

Exactly, thank you! And of course I will bring a camera! We took a bunch of pictures the year before last but last year the site was really cramped and just wasn't a good place for it. It was hard to get many good pictures because be were all crowded. Thankfully it's not there again so I will be able to get alot of pictures this year! Here's a video from the 2009 show. It's not great but it gives you an idea of how many people and bullies are there. This was when we first got there, many more showed up later. Sorry it's a bit bumpy, Dave was following me with the camera and I was a loss at where to start LOL Oh and the main event/focus is the EB's but they also do a thing with pugs, french bulldogs and senior dogs of all breeds.

Last edited:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
awe Will have to see if I can get hubby to go. No it is NOT sad to not bring samson. I could bring my Cutty but Mugsy on the other hand is an issue. He would be in the background of that video just a yapping away at the world. haha

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
[MENTION=574]TessaAndSamson[/MENTION] All those Bullies were almost as cute as the fact that you and Dave were wearing matching shoes :)

OP
TessaAndSamson

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
All those Bullies were almost as cute as the fact that you and Dave were wearing matching shoes :)

LOL What can I say we both love Vans. We often say he is the male version of me and I am the female version of him, we have SO much in common its unreal.

2bulliefamily

Nov 17, 2010
Mobile, AL
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Brodie
Oh love all the bullies! I wish they had something like that here or at least a meet & greet. I understand you not taking Samson...tooo much stress and you could not enjoy yourself! I am not sure that I would take Lola. She is okay but if another bully really wanted to sniff her butt...uh oh she may NOT like that...only Brodie can sniff her bootie! OMG I cannot beleive i said that.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
[MENTION=574]TessaAndSamson[/MENTION] All those Bullies were almost as cute as the fact that you and Dave were wearing matching shoes :)

[MENTION=410]Telly03[/MENTION] you noticed that?!?! I had to re-watch the video to see. haha too cute!

Pendragon

Community Veteran
Jan 31, 2010
Apple Valley Ca
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Pendragon of Brymar(Chief for short) And Lady Ireland of Brymar
i will have to see if we can swing going that weekend. If we do I would most likely only take Ireland... That would be soo much fun... thanks for the info

Gene_the demon

Oct 22, 2010
El Paso, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Gene "The Demon"
That is awesome!.... hmmm im thinking road trip! lol but im sure its a lot of fun! cant wait to see some pictures/videos!

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
Awwww.... I wanna goooooo! I know I could never do all that walking tho. DARN! It looks like so much fun!
[MENTION=410]Telly03[/MENTION]: How did you notice matching shoes? I looked at the video twice and didn't notice that. Too busy looking at all the Bullies!

bfletch13

Community Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Jozi, Wales
I'd be excited too. I should start one in Arkansas.
I'll only invite Jozi so she will win every year. :p

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
[MENTION=881]Gertie's Mom[/MENTION] [MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION] The camera was on their shoes at the end of the video, and also I work as an Analyst so maybe I look for details without thinking about it

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.