Craigslist: Why do I do this to myself?

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
Adorable English bulldog Pudgie in danger@NYC kill shelter

https://www.facebook.com/Urgentdeat...6678058553/883836608295886/?type=1&permPage=1

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=883836608295886

I don't know why I always go searching. It never ends well, especially being in a position where there is no room to help!!
If I could get more info, if I knew he'd be fine with my daughter, if I knew Winslow would be fine with him, if if if.... I would in a heart beat. My heart's killing me!

Poor old man. These things seem to go on a long time when they get a lot of attention on Facebook, but who knows. I hope he finds a good home. I don't know which local rescues can pull from ACC so I don't know if I can/should contact. Guilt.... :(

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
He's so cute.... OMG.
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] does Bumper know about this handsome guy?

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Every bulldog that comes into a NYC shelter, is put on a "hold". Long Island Bulldog Rescue gets notified about each one.

OP
jenzaar

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
He's so cute.... OMG.
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] does Bumper know about this handsome guy?

Isn't he?! Even my daughter begged me to take him, not knowing his possible fate. "I have money! I'll pay to adopt him!" if only it were that simple. :heart:

I'm sure there are plenty of rescues that are aware of him. Hopefully they will pull him, if nobody has already.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] I have no idea why they all go to LIBR and not BUMPER.. it is kinda weird.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
This is directly from Laurette Richen (the lady who runs Long Island Bulldog Rescue).
It was posted today on FB in response to the bullie posted above:

FYI this is what LIBR gets about EVERY Bulldog that enters the NYC shelter system. They are NOT ON DEATH ROW.We take the old, the sick, the ones with a few screws loose. We do not take them if they have badly bitten a human. The dog pictured here has an ID hold.We will get him when it is up. Responding to these posts takes time that is better used elswhere. Please share THIS, and help us find dog free fosters for the dogs coming from the city shelters with that bad uri. Thank you.

OP
jenzaar

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
Huh. Very interesting. And good news too.
I saw the "ID hold" but had no idea what that was about. Those things are so confusing and without calling and overwhelming everyone else, it's just hard to know what's actually going on.

Thanks for posting that!

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] I have no idea why they all go to LIBR and not BUMPER.. it is kinda weird.

I think cause BUMPER is newer and small--- LIBR has a very large backing, where BUMPER is still building--- my opinion

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I think cause BUMPER is newer and small--- LIBR has a very large backing, where BUMPER is still building--- my opinion

It's too bad, I like BUMPER. The lady who runs it was once a part of LIBR. Too bad she hasn't had more interest. Hoping it changes as they grow.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Huh. Very interesting. And good news too.
I saw the "ID hold" but had no idea what that was about. Those things are so confusing and without calling and overwhelming everyone else, it's just hard to know what's actually going on.

Thanks for posting that!

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I hear ya. I tagged both LIBR and BUMPER yesterday for this guy. Didn't know that LIBR get notification about each bullie that goes to a NYC shelter.

OP
jenzaar

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
Yeah, I hear ya. I tagged both LIBR and BUMPER yesterday for this guy. Didn't know that LIBR get notification about each bullie that goes to a NYC shelter.
That is really good to know though! And glad that you knew who to tag first haha. :)

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Hope he finds a good fur-ever home.

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
I have always received am immediate response when I contact Bumoer for any issue..and they haven't let me down yet.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
It's too bad, I like BUMPER. The lady who runs it was once a part of LIBR. Too bad she hasn't had more interest. Hoping it changes as they grow.

they are getting there... what I love most is she will work with anyone - anywhere if it is the right fit.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.