My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
What a Beautiful Bully Jake is. So Happy he is doing Great, I had Elmo neutered a while back and he did Great also.

OP
JakeP

JakeP

May 6, 2014
Burbank CA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Thank you [MENTION=9802]My Otis[/MENTION]

When I remove the donut though he tries to reach for that area. So I will have to leave it for the duration of his recuperation.

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
[MENTION=11796]JakeP[/MENTION] just reading this now, so glad all went well and he is recovering well, those photos with the donut are very cute LOL.

OP
JakeP

JakeP

May 6, 2014
Burbank CA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
[MENTION=9179]Bazza[/MENTION] thank you :)

Question though, would it stop Jake from humping now that he is neutered? My husband and my eldest son had told me before that Jake would hump their legs. On those few occasions I would never believe them coz I never experienced it. This was prior to surgery. Well last night while watching TV, he did it on me. Well, I was shocked coz this is the first time I've seen it hehe. So I scolded him and said stop. He then behaved and calmed down like he knew he did something he isn't supposed to. Will this continue even though he is altered?

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
[MENTION=11796]JakeP[/MENTION] Bazza used to hump one of my sons and pee on every tree he came across on a walk, after he was neutered he stopped both these. He used to sniff's alot while we walk but does not want to mark his territory anymore and he has never humped anybody again, found him to be less dominant over the boys as well. But I remember reading through here that some dogs do not change at all. bazza was 18mths old when neutered.

OP
JakeP

JakeP

May 6, 2014
Burbank CA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
My husband said that the reason could be that his hormones are still in his system and that I have to give it time. Which to me makes total since :)

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
@JakeP It takes about a month before the hormones will leave his system. They also have to be taught not to hump-it can be done!! You did the right thing by reprimanding him.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.