I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harvey Specter
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Neutering Jake

good luck to Jake. I am also contemplating whether Harvey undergoes this procedure. Kindly update on his status.

Real Name
    Caroline
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Thanks @2BullyMama. I went ahead and got the donut. At first he was afraid of it until I finally caught him to install it around his neck. Funny thing was he wasn't moving at all. Like he was scared to move coz he might die or something lol

He is slowly getting around the house and almost back to his old self. Appetite is definitely back to normal and I'm back to his training routine this afternoon. This morning, he was still too sleepy to do anything else.

The incision is not bad and not that big. He is not allowed to jump or be too active. Have to keep him calm. So far he is doing really great for his 2nd day.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JakeP View Post
    Thanks @2BullyMama. I went ahead and got the donut. At first he was afraid of it until I finally caught him to install it around his neck. Funny thing was he wasn't moving at all. Like he was scared to move coz he might die or something lol

He is slowly getting around the house and almost back to his old self. Appetite is definitely back to normal and I'm back to his training routine this afternoon. This morning, he was still too sleepy to do anything else.

The incision is not bad and not that big. He is not allowed to jump or be too active. Have to keep him calm. So far he is doing really great for his 2nd day.

He is so dang adorable!!!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Susan Moore
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Elmo
    Likes (Received)

What a Beautiful Bully Jake is. So Happy he is doing Great, I had Elmo neutered a while back and he did Great also.

Real Name
    Caroline
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Thank you @My Otis

When I remove the donut though he tries to reach for that area. So I will have to leave it for the duration of his recuperation.

Real Name
    Andrea
    Country
    Australia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bazza
    Likes (Received)

@JakeP just reading this now, so glad all went well and he is recovering well, those photos with the donut are very cute LOL.
    I have found that when you are deeply troubled, there are things you get from the devoted companionship of a dog that you can get from no other source

Real Name
    Caroline
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

@Bazza thank you

Question though, would it stop Jake from humping now that he is neutered? My husband and my eldest son had told me before that Jake would hump their legs. On those few occasions I would never believe them coz I never experienced it. This was prior to surgery. Well last night while watching TV, he did it on me. Well, I was shocked coz this is the first time I've seen it hehe. So I scolded him and said stop. He then behaved and calmed down like he knew he did something he isn't supposed to. Will this continue even though he is altered?

Real Name
    Andrea
    Country
    Australia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bazza
    Likes (Received)

@JakeP Bazza used to hump one of my sons and pee on every tree he came across on a walk, after he was neutered he stopped both these. He used to sniff's alot while we walk but does not want to mark his territory anymore and he has never humped anybody again, found him to be less dominant over the boys as well. But I remember reading through here that some dogs do not change at all. bazza was 18mths old when neutered.
    I have found that when you are deeply troubled, there are things you get from the devoted companionship of a dog that you can get from no other source

Real Name
    Caroline
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

My husband said that the reason could be that his hormones are still in his system and that I have to give it time. Which to me makes total since

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

@JakeP It takes about a month before the hormones will leave his system. They also have to be taught not to hump-it can be done!! You did the right thing by reprimanding him.
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads