Please pray for my Frankie

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
[MENTION=9370]brutus77[/MENTION] just reading now, So upsetting I couldn't believe I was reading this post about Frankie, thinking of you all. :hug2:

Bazza had an obstruction, then surgery so I know what it is like, Terrifying !!! Hopefully it won't come the that though sending postive thoughts. x

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I will ask in the morning if that is a possibility. I have already grilled them about their bulldog capabilities. They assured me that they deal with bullies all the time and are experienced with intubation and extubation on them if it should come to that. They also said that the anesthesia is bulldog friendly. Hopefully it wont come to that though.

He Rosalie.... just checking in for an update? How did he do overnight?

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
I am just now reading this, I'm so sorry and i hope frankie is ok...any updates?

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
She posted on FB that it's not an obstruction. They're trying to find out why his adrenal glands are swollen, so her regular vet is going to test for Cushings.
They don't think it's that either, just want to rule it out.

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Hi everyone, sorry so late updating. No obstuction was found on ultrasound. Thank goodness. He does have one enlarged lymph node and mildly enlarged adrenal glands. They said the adrenals could very well be baseline for him, but my vet is going to rule out cushings disease anyway just to sure. The lymph node could be whatever "virus" he has going on. He is home resting. He is on two meds for his tummy and a bland diet for 5 days. I have to watch him for any vomiting or diarreah but so far he has had breakfast at the ER and boiled sirlion and rice here without incident. I have said this before, but I dont know what I would do without you guys. You got me through last night and I really appreciate everyone of you guys!!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
So glad that there' no need for surgery. Hope he recovers soon and fully!

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Thanks for the update.
Hoping it's just a short lived virus and will resolve itself. Fingers crossed.

Give him and big hug and kiss from me and my boys.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi everyone, sorry so late updating. No obstuction was found on ultrasound. Thank goodness. He does have one enlarged lymph node and mildly enlarged adrenal glands. They said the adrenals could very well be baseline for him, but my vet is going to rule out cushings disease anyway just to sure. The lymph node could be whatever "virus" he has going on. He is home resting. He is on two meds for his tummy and a bland diet for 5 days. I have to watch him for any vomiting or diarreah but so far he has had breakfast at the ER and boiled sirlion and rice here without incident. I have said this before, but I dont know what I would do without you guys. You got me through last night and I really appreciate everyone of you guys!!

WHEW!!! I guess him and Banks muct have snuck out together and she infected him... sorry, Rosalie. I'll have to keep my hoochy-girl on a shorter leash..... ;) So happy it isn't an obstruction! :hug:

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Glad Frankie is home. Hoping for a quick recovery.
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] I wonder if this is the same crap Banks had earlier and is making the rounds here in the Northeast. Although I do not recall the swollen glands on Banksie.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Glad he's home and doing okay so far, so glad it wasn't an obstruction. Continued prayers heading his way for continued improvement :grouphug:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Thank goodness… I'm so glad to hear that Frankie is home. [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] do you think that some dog virus is making the rounds?!! Sure sounds familiar...

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online