Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I hope he's okay, sending prayers!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
lots of love and prayers being sent to you and frankie!! we are all with you Rosalie!

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Blood work looks good but xrays are schetchy. They are thinking obstruction. Another vet is looking at it right now. I cant imagine what he got a hold of. He is so good about not eating things. If it was Brutus I would believe iy but frankie is so good about eating things.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Blood work looks good but xrays are schetchy. They are thinking obstruction. Another vet is looking at it right now. I cant imagine what he got a hold of. He is so good about not eating things. If it was Brutus I would believe iy but frankie is so good about eating things.

praying hard.... it is not that and he just has a bad virus like it was with banks! :pray:

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
[MENTION=9370]brutus77[/MENTION] are they gonna do a sonogram to confirm or rule out?

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
So they are keeping him over night. They are going to keep him hydrated and give him nausea meds and will do an ultrasound in the morning to determin what is in him and if he can pass it or if he will need surgery. My poor little boo boo.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
You were right to take him in. Obstruction is serious and it's good they're keeping him there.
Fingers crossed he passes whatever it is.

But if not, maybe they can do what they did with Blue, and get it out via an endoscopy instead of surgery.

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
You were right to take him in. Obstruction is serious and it's good they're keeping him there.
Fingers crossed he passes whatever it is.

But if not, maybe they can do what they did with Blue, and get it out via an endoscopy instead of surgery.

I will ask in the morning if that is a possibility. I have already grilled them about their bulldog capabilities. They assured me that they deal with bullies all the time and are experienced with intubation and extubation on them if it should come to that. They also said that the anesthesia is bulldog friendly. Hopefully it wont come to that though.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
So they are keeping him over night. They are going to keep him hydrated and give him nausea meds and will do an ultrasound in the morning to determin what is in him and if he can pass it or if he will need surgery. My poor little boo boo.

Poor lil boo boo. I pray everything will work out :pray::pray:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I saw your post on FB... I'm so sorry honey, hang in there we are sending lots of prayers!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I'm just reading this now Rosalie, as I just got home. I'm so sorry you're going through this with Frankie. It's good that they are keeping him overnight, he's in a safe place, and getting rehydrated. I hope they are able to find whats wrong with him, and that it's nothing serious. I'm crossing everything, and sending love, hugs and prayers that Frankie is okay, and back home soon. I'll check in later for updates. Please keep us posted. Feel better Frankie, and stop worrying your Mommy.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Sending positive and healing thoughts!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online