car rides?

binxrexchubbs

Oct 1, 2014
NH seacoast
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs W.C.
As a new mommy, I'm filled with questions. How does your kid(s) travel? Does your bully jump up at you?

mrsjamieforrest

Sep 11, 2014
Country
en_US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley
This is how we roll!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412572803.384898.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412572845.056556.jpg

Bentley loves to ride! Every now and then he will try to get in my lap but he knows where his place is, plus 90% of the time he's strapped in.

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
Hi there, Bazza travels in the car with us all the time, even when we go on vacation, he just sits and looks at the window, so as long as he can see out he is happy, he loves the car. He listens good too, because in hubbys car he is not allowed in the front as it is full, in my car I don't want him in the back seat and he knows his spots in the different cars.
PS He does trample on the kids abit LOL but overall he is very good in the car.

It might be worth looking into dog seat belts/ harness not sure what is available in the US though, some are safer than others. I get him used to being in it in the car young.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
My girl, Banks, HATES the car so she just lays on the floor and does nt move. My Frenchie, Cheli sits on the back seat, but WANTS to be with me so he sits and stares. If your bully is jumping at you, I would suggest a crate or seat belt trough the harness

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
We attached his harness to the seat belt in the back seat, but then Castor unbuckled his seat belt a few times, so we got a safety crate for the back of our car. For safety reasons, I would not let the dog ride without a seatbelt.

BulldogMomma

Mar 18, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King George
George loves the car & has been riding for long trips since he was a pup. We do have a "Deluxe Quilted Rear Seat Hammock" that we got from foster & smith.
He loves it and with a few toys back there he is in heaven!!

OP
binxrexchubbs

binxrexchubbs

Oct 1, 2014
NH seacoast
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs W.C.
My apologies, my bully jumps at me inside the house. He seems to be in a teenage stage. He's not being nice. Biting both my hubby & I, nipping at our clothes, not letting go, etc. Thanks for your response! :-)

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks all for your replies! :-D

Sophatp

Feb 2, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Leonidas
Leo loves car rides. Once he sees me pick up my keys he's at the door waiting to go out. He knows to jump into the back seat, and has the entire back sets to himself. He usually paces between windows. I roll them about half way down. Sometimes he'll stick his head out. He doesn't jump into the front seat as there is never any room for him.

julescoffman

Sep 26, 2014
florence sc
Bulldog(s) Names
Jasmine and Ruger
Jasmine used to love it,you pick up the leash she would fly to the door just a wiggling! BUT,every since her knee surgery,she hates it:( she pants,shakes,I think she is afraid we are taking her back! Poor baby! We even tried short rides around town and back home so she didn't associate the car with the vet,don't work..when we go to normal vet checkups she's fine once we get her in the building.
Sent from my PM23300 using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.