Help Needed! Fiona needs surgery.

OP
Danielle

Danielle

May 2, 2012
Quincy, Florida, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Herschel and Fiona
Thanks! It's a struggle right now. Hoping to get her in around the first of the month. Since people are wary of donating to someone with no guarantee it's going to the pup, they can donate straight to the vet if they would like.

OP
Danielle

Danielle

May 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Herschel and Fiona
Here is the update on her. She is now on the metacam and it has been a miracle. She needs the surgery badly but she is able to walk / hobble now with limited pain. She feels fits enough to torture Herschel again. Lol.

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
We used metacam for Lola when she was limping. It worked great but took a while for her to get well again. She's on steroids now so metacam can't be used at the same time.

sent from my droid mini

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Thats some positive news! Hope you get your funds soon :yes:

OP
Danielle

Danielle

May 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Herschel and Fiona
Figured since I had to redo my original post, I would do a quick update here. Fiona is walking, albeit slow. She is definitely feeling better now that she is on the Metacam. Good enough to start bothering Herschel again. She loves him but is just what a sister should be... annoying to her brother!

I have raised now $300 of the $1500 goal. I will be able to get her into surgery at about the $1100 mark which looks like it will be mid November at this rate. I am hoping that they allow us to cash in some of our annual leave at work this year (have to wait and see if the budget will allow us) and if so, I will be able to get her in as soon as that is available. So cross your paws!

Fiona is a trooper. I wish that I was that tough.

Again, if you would like to make a donation direct to the vet: Quincy Animal Hospital
1750 West Jefferson Street
Quincy, FL 32351
(850)875-4811

If you would like to participate in the gofundme (if you donate to the vet, LET ME KNOW. I want to make sure they apply it to my account correctly, and I need to subtract that offline donation from the GoFundMe page so that people can see the true progress).

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
*** EDITED ** THE GOFUNDME LINK WAS REMOVED BY THE ADMINS. If you are interested in making a donation, you can verify Fiona's issue through the vet and have 3 options. 1) Send a donation to the vet 2) PayPal or 3) GoFundMe. I only offered the GoFundMe as an option.

TO CONTACT THE VET DIRECTLY:
Quincy Animal Hospital
1750 West Jefferson Street
Quincy, FL 32351
(850)875-4811

Their website: Home

My vet is Dr. Beth May. She is aware that people may call to verify/donate. If the girls at the desk are confused (they are so busy!), ask them to call me. My cell is 850-590-9554 or my direct work number 850-717-6496

If you still would like to donate via GoFundMe, contact me privately.

I don't get a chance to post very often, especially since I tore my achilles tendon, then my hamstring and am in college and working full time, and I've never asked for help before. Fiona has stopped walking and the surgery to get her hip done (hip dysplasia) is astronomical. I always keep money for emergency vet visits around, but this week has been over $400 and I won't be able to save up enough for the surgery until December and she is in such pain that it's just not fair to keep her waiting. Yes, this is the SAME girl I had fixed and treated for positive heartworms etc. She has had such a hard life. :(

I have a gofundme up that I just made an hour ago, but donations can also be sent to the vet or to paypal. All of the information is on the gofundme site. If anyone chooses to donate directly to the vet, please make sure you let me know here or by email or by phone so I can keep a tally of how much has come in because I would like to have her in surgery as quickly as possible. She is on good meds now, eating well and is enjoying being carried everywhere (to potty etc) but those moments when it hurts... her crying... it's killing me too.

PM me for the link to the gofundme. If you have any questions, please let me know. Feel free to contact the vet to verify that this is real and not a scam. Please share on your facebook/twitter as well and feel free to use my full name/contact number.

Thank you all.

Danielle, Herschel and Fiona

Please do not take it personal... we have had horrendous drama and backlash to the site because of what people expect of these fund raisers. we have to remain diligent with the rules we have established, it is not directed at any one person, but it is to keep the drama and negativity at bay. We are just not allowing the links.. you can still get some help. Those that want to help you will.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.