Help Needed! Fiona needs surgery.

Danielle

May 2, 2012
Quincy, Florida, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Herschel and Fiona
Fiona needs surgery, if you are interested in making a donation, you can verify Fiona's issue through the vet and have 3 options. 1) Send a donation to the vet 2) PayPal or 3) GoFundMe. I only offered the GoFundMe as an option.

TO CONTACT THE VET DIRECTLY:
Quincy Animal Hospital
1750 West Jefferson Street
Quincy, FL 32351
(850)875-4811

Their website: Home

My vet is Dr. Beth May. She is aware that people may call to verify/donate. If the girls at the desk are confused (they are so busy!), ask them to call me. My cell is 850-590-9554 or my direct work number 850-717-6496

If you still would like to donate via GoFundMe, contact me privately.

I don't get a chance to post very often, especially since I tore my achilles tendon, then my hamstring and am in college and working full time, and I've never asked for help before. Fiona has stopped walking and the surgery to get her hip done (hip dysplasia) is astronomical. I always keep money for emergency vet visits around, but this week has been over $400 and I won't be able to save up enough for the surgery until December and she is in such pain that it's just not fair to keep her waiting. Yes, this is the SAME girl I had fixed and treated for positive heartworms etc. She has had such a hard life. :(

I have a gofundme up that I just made an hour ago, but donations can also be sent to the vet or to paypal. All of the information is on the gofundme site. If anyone chooses to donate directly to the vet, please make sure you let me know here or by email or by phone so I can keep a tally of how much has come in because I would like to have her in surgery as quickly as possible. She is on good meds now, eating well and is enjoying being carried everywhere (to potty etc) but those moments when it hurts... her crying... it's killing me too.

PM me for the link to the gofundme. If you have any questions, please let me know. Feel free to contact the vet to verify that this is real and not a scam. Please share on your facebook/twitter as well and feel free to use my full name/contact number.

Thank you all.

Danielle, Herschel and Fiona

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Danielle

Danielle

May 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Herschel and Fiona
Ugh, the only one that was a possibility wants proof of me having her for 2 rabies vaccinations but I've only had her since this spring. ARGH!

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
I'm sorry to hear this. Keep us posted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
my heart goes out to you! I'm in the process of getting approved for a mortgage so I can't donate now, but I won't forget when this financial scrutiny is over. im so so sorry to hear about Fiona. Bless her heart for being a good pup and bless yours for carrying her and the financial burden of her care.

OP
Danielle

Danielle

May 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Herschel and Fiona
my heart goes out to you! I'm in the process of getting approved for a mortgage so I can't donate now, but I won't forget when this financial scrutiny is over. im so so sorry to hear about Fiona. Bless her heart for being a good pup and bless yours for carrying her and the financial burden of her care.

Thanks so much. She is being a trooper. Eating and drinking well, and the vet said Fiona is quite possibly the most stubborn bullie she has ever seen. Fiona is in pain, but we are trying to manage that... she is however enjoying the fact that she is being carried outside and around a lot. (thank goodness she is only 44lbs... Herschel is 55lbs now).

If this had happened in December, I could cash out my annual leave at work and it would be fine... or if I hadn't gone back to school this semester. Life is always so unpredictable.

We did raise $30 tonight and I am hoping that people are going to donate directly to my vet. That would be just fine with me. The sooner we can get her in, the sooner we can get her on the mend!

OP
Danielle

Danielle

May 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Herschel and Fiona
She is still in a lot of pain. The gofundme campaign is at 120 so at this rate I'll be able to get her in by next month. The vet got a couple of direct donations too.

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
She is still in a lot of pain. The gofundme campaign is at 120 so at this rate I'll be able to get her in by next month. The vet got a couple of direct donations too.

:heart:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Danielle

Danielle

May 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Herschel and Fiona
Quick update. She is hobbling around better now and really loves being carried. I'm trying to find a nice wagon someone wants to get rid of to take her in and out. With my recent injuries, carrying her is making me hobble around too. The gofundme campaign is at 170 dollars now. My vet said she is a perfect candidate for the FHO. She is great with bulldogs and treated many while she was in school at UGA. I'm so proud of Fiona and her toughness through this.

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
[MENTION=4809]Danielle[/MENTION] I hope you get the help you need, sorry I have no credit card and being in Australia makes it difficult, what a wonderful mum you are and Fiona must be a real troo:Dpper !

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Quick update. She is hobbling around better now and really loves being carried. I'm trying to find a nice wagon someone wants to get rid of to take her in and out. With my recent injuries, carrying her is making me hobble around too. The gofundme campaign is at 170 dollars now. My vet said she is a perfect candidate for the FHO. She is great with bulldogs and treated many while she was in school at UGA. I'm so proud of Fiona and her toughness through this.

Have you tried looking on Craig's list or face book yard sales? You can find some cheap stuff or even free on them

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
I'm so sorry Fiona isn't well. How is she doing? Keeping fingers crossed you reach the amount you need for the surgery. Give her my love and a big tight hug!

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Shared your GoFundMe link on FB. Hope you get more donations :pray:.

Last edited by a moderator:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online