Still the smell on Vegas's face

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
His face is still smelling sour and I bathed him so good yesterday and took extra care on his facial wrinkles, [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION], I did call our vet this morning and told them the problem and seen if I could just drop by and get some Panalog or if I needed to bring him in. They called me back about 1/2 hr. ago and Doc. wants me to use 100% cornstarch for a few days.

I did notice this morning his eyes were EXTRA gooey when we got up, perhaps another allergy to something or maybe his food?? He was doing so good with the food change!! I am so hoping it is not his food since I just spent $65.00 last week on his food. I am at a loss and yet in my head I am already thinking maybe another food change???? What would be another good food for him other than Nature's Variety Instict?

Any suggestions?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
He could have an eye infection too. His eyes should be clear. Look to see if you see any clouding in his eye. Is it one eye or both eyes? And yes, eye boogers can make the face very smelly.

Fromm would be the only other grain free I would recommend. Have you tried the beef fritatta yet? I think you already tried the surf n turf, right?

Non grain free I would recommend Nature's Logic.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Eye booger = allergy problem - Linus used to have the stickiest eyes in the mornings when his allergies were not under control. It sounds like something is bothering him. Is anything new in bloom in Florida? How long as Vegas been on NVI? Did you change proteins? Linus is on the same food but I know when I tried to rabbit variety, he looked more yeasty than normal and it didn't agree with him like other formulas.

Quite a mystery, I hope we get to the bottom of it soon and Vegas smells like his usual wonderful self before long!

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION], and [MENTION=860]jillh10[/MENTION], His eyes look clear now, but this morning there was yellow discharge on both eye's when he got up. I had to give him a good wipe down. Vegas has been On NVI for about , well as far as I can think, 2 1/2 months, we started on Salmon, switched to Chicken, and he did not do well on that, switched back to Salmon and has done fantastic for the last several weeks. I don't think anything is in bloom but Our Pollen count is out of control right now here in Fl. Sometimes hitting an 8 out of 10 the last few weeks, I am snotty and so is my husband. We did take him Sat. to the dog park so he was outside for over an hour in the high pollen count, Hhhmmm, maybe I just answered my own question!!! It finally has rained almost all morning so hopefully it will wash some of the pollen away. Ok now it kind of makes sence it has been on the local news the last couple of weeks how unusually high the pollen count is for this time of year, I myself have had headaches and been snotty as well as Joe. Just about the time Vegas's face started smelling again. THANKS to the both of you for making me think harder!! For now I am going to blame the pollen, He is not sick in any other way, eating fine, playing fine, completely normal except his smelly face and just today his gooey eyes.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Maybe a Benydril (sp) would help when he gets like this.

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION], I have pills from the vet for an antihistamine, although Vegas is not itching his face, it probably would not hurt him. I am convinced now that it has to do with our unusually high Pollen count this last couple of weeks, this is the first rain we have had in about a month!

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] I hope Vegas gets better soon. I agree on the Fromm if you need to change his food again. It is about the same price for the 4* variety. Sounds like the pollen count may have something to do with it. Poor baby.

LisaRN

Apr 24, 2010
Buffalo NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester
usually.. a discharge that is colored yellow or green, from anywhere in the body - indicates an infection of some kind - at least in humans. Clear discharge is usually allergies. I can say that when Chester had an allergy to Angel Eyes - I gave him benadryl. You could see if that helps him. But I would keep an eye on that discharge - yellow means bacteria to me. Poor Vegas!!!! :(

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.