cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Only way to get them down is with vanilla ice cream. It was @2BullyMama suggestion and has worked a little too well! He's gained a pound since last week. I know it's the ice cream!

vanilla ice cream works wonders when i have to get Finn to take any meds too. But yeah, the wt. gain is not the best "side effect". :fie:

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
vanilla ice cream works wonders when i have to get Finn to take any meds too. But yeah, the wt. gain is not the best "side effect". :fie:

He's gained 1.5lbs while he was sick. I know it's because of the ice cream!! lol

But great news!!

We got back from the AMC (Animal Medical Center) a little while ago.
They took an x-ray and his lungs are clear. It's resolved. No more Aspiration/Pneumonia.

I am so freakin' happy. These last three weeks have been a nightmare. Can finally relax for a little bit.

Here's a pic I just took of my sleepy boy, he's exhausted. Cause you know, getting a few x-rays taken is hard work..lol

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
He's gained 1.5lbs while he was sick. I know it's because of the ice cream!! lol

But great news!!

They took an x-ray and his lungs are clear. It's resolved. No more Aspiration/Pneumonia.

I am so freakin' happy. These last three weeks have been a nightmare. Can finally relax for a little bit.

Here's a pic I just took of my sleepy boy, he's exhausted. Cause you know, getting a few x-rays taken is hard work..lol

That is great news. Keep on truckin' Wellie. I'm sorry about the weight gain but I can relate...I look at a dessert and I gain 10 lbs. LOL.

Wellie, I do know a great weight loss program that I lost 59 lbs in 3 weeks. :yes:

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Finally!!! So happy for you guys things worked out really well. And that Wellie is finally feeling better. Does he still need to take those meds? Is he now clear to have his surgery? And this talk about ice cream... makes me wanna go out and buy some lol.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

But great news!!

That is cause for celebration!! :wiggle: :wiggle: :wiggle:

I think Wellie should have an ice cream sundae for such a great recovery! :D :wiggle: :wiggle:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
So happy that Wellie has gotten the all clear!! Hopefully you can breathe for awhile!! :yes:

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Thanks everyone. This place really helped keep me sane!!
[MENTION=8944]dieMuttivonBifi[/MENTION] He's staying on the antibiotics for one more week. But that's a normal precaution.

He's also going to stay on the Prilosec until his surgery consult in two weeks. Then it's up to them. The Prilosec isn't a big deal, just an ant-acid in a sense. They're using it as a preventative so he doesn't gag or vomit. Don't want another episode of aspiration.. :(
She did say something interesting. Said it could of just been a fluke that caused it and it may never happen again. But just to be safe, the brachycephalic surgery (for his palate) is a good idea.

The surgery consult is in two weeks and that's when we'll schedule his palate, nares and neuter procedures.

Then, at the end of December we're all going on a vacation! I can't wait..lol..

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
wellie1.jpg

:heart::heart::heart:

Tuneybuster

Oct 7, 2014
He is a beautiful boy. So glad he is better.[emoji122]...Sending hugs!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm so glad to hear that Wellie is doing better... I can't imagine how stressed out you have been the last couple of weeks!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
So glad that he's better!

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Im so happy hes getting better x keep us updated -big hugs to you and slobbery kisses to your fur baby xx

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.