OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
His blood is normal, no fever, and his lungs are clearing up. Not 100% yet, but they said they didn't expect it either. Going back for another x-ray in two weeks.

So as it stands now, he's going to be on antibiotics until the next x-ray. They did take him off the Sucralfate, and they're going to speak to the pet pharmacy here about compounding as many of the meds together that they can. If they can't, I was told they should at least be able to do the 2 Baytrils. But we'll see.

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
Wow! Girl. How about you come here and we play nurse together!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
His blood is normal, no fever, and his lungs are clearing up. Not 100% yet, but they said they didn't expect it either. Going back for another x-ray in two weeks.

So as it stands now, he's going to be on antibiotics until the next x-ray. They did take him off the Sucralfate, and they're going to speak to the pet pharmacy here about compounding as many of the meds together that they can. If they can't, I was told they should at least be able to do the 2 Baytrils. But we'll see.

Glad to here the update !!! Hugs to you and Wellie x

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

progress, small but progress! I hope they can do something with the meds for you and Wellie!

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Glad to hear Wellie is getting better. Tincture of Time is the best medicine; however, it doesn't work as fast as we would like.

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Thanks everyone. :grouphug:

Funny thing- I wasn't aware that various medications can be combined, and even created, in different forms like going from a tablet to a liquid, and even in different strengths by pharmacies and not the manufacturer.
One of my biggest problems with this was keeping up with the meds.- I'll be be so happy if they can cut it down, even by a few pills.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
So happy that all your hard work and caring IS making progress! Still prayers for you and Wellie! I know you must be worn out!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Thanks everyone. :grouphug:

Funny thing- I wasn't aware that various medications can be combined, and even created, in different forms like going from a tablet to a liquid, and even in different strengths by pharmacies and not the manufacturer.
One of my biggest problems with this was keeping up with the meds.- I'll be be so happy if they can cut it down, even by a few pills.

isn't that cool? hopefully the compounding pharmacist will be able to create the meds for Wellie in a dosage form that's palatable and easy for him to take.

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
The pharmacy called earlier. They were able to compound a bunch of the meds. but I didn't understand which ones. They're being delivered tonight so I'll know soon enough.
Can't even begin to explain how happy I am.
Wellie hates taking the pills. Only way to get them down is with vanilla ice cream. It was [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] suggestion and has worked a little too well! He's gained a pound since last week. I know it's the ice cream!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Only way to get them down is with vanilla ice cream. It was @2BullyMama suggestion and has worked a little too well! He's gained a pound since last week. I know it's the ice cream!

Oops.... gotta take the good with the bad :D Go Wellie!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online