OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
He hasn't thrown up since yesterday which is a good thing. He still does the "throat" clearing sound but not as much. I think between the antacid and anti vomiting med, it's helping. He's also on 2 different types of antibiotics (4 of those per day) and one of the side effects is nausea/vomiting. Wondering if that's also what's been causing it.

I've also been giving him at home steam treatments. The kind where you steam your bathroom up, turn the water off, and just hang out. He was in there for 10 minutes at a time all day yesterday. Will repeat today since it seems to
help him relax and breath.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the continued support everyone. I can't begin to tell you how much it means to me.

Tuneybuster

Oct 7, 2014
So glad to hear he is improving. Thanks for all the updates

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm so glad to hear that he's doing better… are they still planning the palate surgery?!!

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I'm so glad to hear that he's doing better… are they still planning the palate surgery?!!

Yes, it needs to be done. They think the palate issue is the biggest contributor to the Aspiration Pneumonia. Also, when I compare the way he sounds to Blue- it becomes very apparent that he has breathing issues. Blue, even without his nares done (yet), sounds for the most part like a normal dog. Wellie sounds like an elephant. His snoring is horrible, and he snorts.

But the earliest we can do it is two weeks after his lung x-rays are clear. The next x-ray is Monday.

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Yes, it needs to be done. They think the palate issue is the biggest contributor to the Aspiration Pneumonia. Also, when I compare the way he sounds to Blue- it becomes very apparent that he has breathing issues. Blue, even without his nares done (yet), sounds for the most part like a normal dog. Wellie sounds like an elephant. His snoring is horrible, and he snorts.

But the earliest we can do it is two weeks after his lung x-rays are clear. The next x-ray is Monday.

Good grief, and this poor baby has suffered all this time :(

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Good grief, and this poor baby has suffered all this time :(

He's only 13 months so still growing. Don't think he's had this issue for too long. At least I hope not.. :(

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
He's only 13 months so still growing. Don't think he's had this issue for too long. At least I hope not.. :(

Oh for some reason I thought he was 2, I guess you were talking about Blue… Lol

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Are the smaller meals helping? I hope he has stopped throwing up. :(

I was going to suggest the steam so I'm glad you're doing that already.

Continued prayers that he keeps improving!

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Are the smaller meals helping? I hope he has stopped throwing up. :(

I was going to suggest the steam so I'm glad you're doing that already.

Continued prayers that he keeps improving!

I think the smaller meals are. I've been up since 5, giving meds and feeding him.
Gave him less than half a cup and made sure he ate slow. When he was done, and I saw he was still hungry, I gave a little more. Then it was off for a steam.

Medication schedule is:

5 am Omeprazole (for antacid)
5:30 Cisapride (for GI Mobilitly. Thank you @cali baker for letting me know what it is)
6:00 Clavamox 1 pill (antibiotic wrapped in ice cream)
Food 1/2 cup.
8:00 half of a crushed Sucralfate tab in a syringe with 3cc of water. He hates this.

Noon- 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup of food.

2 PM Cerenia for anti-vomiting.

4 Sucralfate in syringe again

5:30 Cisapride again
6:00 Clavamox 1 pill (again) with ice cream AND
Baytril 2 pills (another antibiotic) broken into pieces and given with ice cream
Feed about 1/2 cup. Since the antibiotics need to be taken with food.

9:00 1/4- 1/2 cup of food.
10:00 Last dosage of Sucralfate.

Plus in and out of the bathroom all day for steam.

I'm going crazy with the meds. Everything needs to be timed around feedings. Can't give some a few hours before or after. One needs to be give 30 minutes before eating. It's driving me nuts.

(lol.. i wrote all that out so I can refer to it through out the day..lol)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
That's quite a schedule! :blink: he's so lucky to have you!!

Great job mamma!

The steam works so good, I always stay in there and when I come out I can feel how much better I'm breathing too.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I think the smaller meals are. I've been up since 5, giving meds and feeding him.
Gave him less than half a cup and made sure he ate slow. When he was done, and I saw he was still hungry, I gave a little more. Then it was off for a steam.

Medication schedule is:

5 am Omeprazole (for antacid)
5:30 Cisapride (for GI Mobilitly. Thank you @cali baker for letting me know what it is)
6:00 Clavamox 1 pill (antibiotic wrapped in ice cream)
8:00 half of a crushed Sucralfate tab in a syringe with 3cc of water. He hates this.

Noon- 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup of food.

2 PM Cerenia for anti-vomiting.

4 Sucralfate in syringe again

5:30 Cisapride again
6:00 Clavamox 1 pill (again) with ice cream AND
Baytril 2 pills (another antibiotic) broken into pieces and given with ice cream
Feed about 1/2 cup. Since the antibiotics need to be taken with food.

9:00 1/4- 1/2 cup of food.
10:00 Last dosage of Sucralfate.

Plus in and out of the bathroom all day for steam.

I'm going crazy with the meds. Everything needs to be timed around feedings. Can't give some a few hours before or after. One needs to be give 30 minutes before eating. It's driving me nuts.

(lol.. i wrote all that out so I can refer to it through out the day..lol)

HOLY schedule batman!!! Good job Ellie, he will be all healed up in no time with you at the helm!

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Thanks guys. But writing it out has helped. I don't have to search through the meds. Now I read the above and look for what I need..lol..

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.