Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
So happy for you and Wellie! Also lucky that you have good medical support!

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Thanks everyone.

Last night wasn't good. he threw up twice. Not much, but still shouldn't have happened. He's also not eating well, and we're having a big problem giving him his meds.
Chris took the day off so we're both home watching him. I'm about to call the hospital and see if they can give anything else for the reflux.

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
I'm so sorry! Do the have confirmation on what is causing it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
So is surgery the only option?

luvmybully

May 19, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tucker
So sorry for the rough time you all are going through, poor Wellie, I'm sure he doesn't understand what's going on, only that he doesn't feel good. Sending prayers for him to get better so he can have his surgery.

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
So is surgery the only option?

Yep. But the earliest they can do the surgery is two weeks after his lung x-rays are clear. I just need to find something to stop the reflux meanwhile. What they gave me isn't working that well.
Scared to death he's going to aspirate again.

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
:hug:

Two more medications incoming. One for nausea, and one for his hernia. Some kind of "motility" medication.
My poor little guy. That brings the amount of pills he's taking per day to 7, plus a liquid that we give through a syringe.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Poor little fellow. I hope these new meds will help Wellie. Did the vet give him something like omeprazole (prilosec) or reglan (metoclopramide)? Hopefully whatever he's taking for the nausea will help those sx's and he'll regain an appetite. Once he starts eating better maybe you can give him several small meals thru the day vs. 2 large ones. I just hope Wellie feels better soon. And hugs to you and Chris too!!

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Two more medications incoming. One for nausea, and one for his hernia. Some kind of "motility" medication.
My poor little guy. That brings the amount of pills he's taking per day to 7, plus a liquid that we give through a syringe.

Sounds like Wellie can open his own drug emporium. I hope he has a speedier recovery.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

UGH.... for the pills, try vanilla ice cream... make a ball out of the ice cream with the pill(s) in the middle. Becaue is it cold, they jusy swallow. Try one or two pills make sure he likes it.. then do the rest

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)

Gosh poor Wellie! :*( Hope his meds all work out for him and finally give him a break the poor baby. Keeping fingers crossed for you guys. Give the big guy a big tight hug for me please.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Poor little Wellie - we hope the meds will help him soon and that he soon feels better.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.