Need some help. I'm new!

kittykittymeow4

Oct 2, 2014
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel
Hello all. I'm new to this.

I just got a 2 year old English bulldog on Sunday. He came from a farm life and they couldn't keep him cause their Great Dane didn't like him.

He has his shots. Healthy, everything.

My main question is.. He has bad gas.. Like clear the room bad gas & has has not runny but soft poop, really soft.. Too hard to pick up. I'm figuring it's the change of food & new life style.

What can I do?

He is very happy and is my big suck.

Ps, his name is diesel, he's my big suck, I'll attach a picture of him too.

d43907c58697a70810faf270045843d7.jpg
1fa05b516be0382471db80e2c62fff81.jpg

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Oops I just moved your other post to a new topic. It's likely the change of food, especially if you didn't transition slowly....decrease the amounts he's getting until his tummy settles, or you can try bland diet for a few days to help it settle faster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I agree. Bad gas is more than likely from food. Depending on what you are feeding him....you may need to try a few different types before you find a good quality food that agrees with your bulldog.

We feed Fromm. They have grain free (a lot of bulldogs are allergic to grains and chicken) and many many flavors to choose. What's great about this food.. you can switch it up with their other protein sources without doing a slow change.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I agree. Bad gas is more than likely from food. Depending on what you are feeding him....you may need to try a few different types before you find a good quality food that agrees with your bulldog.

We feed Fromm. They have grain free (a lot of bulldogs are allergic to grains and chicken) and many many flavors to choose. What's great about this food.. you can switch it up with their other protein sources without doing a slow change.

^^^^ totall agree!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, I totally agree with Cheryl regarding the gas being caused by food and possible allergies to either the protein source or grains or both. My female Blossom has allergies to chicken and salmon, and sensitivities to corn and grains. 2 and 1/2 years ago when we got our pups, they were on Royal Canin from the breeder, which is a chicken based food and has corn, grains, and other fillers. Blossom had soft serve poops, and suffered from many allergy symptoms such as pink face, pink chin, and chin acne, pink warm ears, itchiness, goopy eyes, and excessive licking of her paws, all of which are signs of allergies. We switched their food 4 times before finding one that they both tolerated and was a good quality food. We switched to Fromm's Beef Fritatta, which they did well on for 2 years, and then started to show allergy symptoms again, not as bad as before, but excessive licking, and itching. I switched them to Fromm's Lamb and Lentil about 2 months ago, and they are doing really well on this food so far.

mackbob

Sep 1, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bob (Bobman)
In my life I've seen only two things cause gas - food and antibiotics. So regardless, it's something he's eating!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
He is a handsome boy, and I agree with the others, try a different food, a good quality food.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.