Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A question for those of you who have Bullies sleeping in your bed...

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bear
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: A question for those of you who have Bullies sleeping in your bed...

We have had Bear in the bed since the day we brought him home. Mostly because we always had our dogs in the bedroom with us and he was so small being on the floor we were afraid he'd get into somewhere we couldn't get to him.

So far Bear is not a farter nor does he consistently snore loudly. I love love love him in the bed, he cuddles behind my back and lays his head on my neck or cuddles behind my knees, just any crook he can get into. Lately we've had the issue with him stretching out and sticking his paws in my husband's back or moving his pillows which is a no no and as he is getting bigger it gets rough even with having a King sized bed. Now his routine is to go under the bed and then he ends up somehow in my arms in the middle of the night. All in all I love him sleeping with me. We'll see how great that goes when he starts snoring more and louder or the farting starts. lol.

My beagle is in the bed to but he doesn't move at all and he is usually at the end of the bed. Sometimes my 8 yr old jumps in. I swear the other night I felt like the monster from the movie Leviathan, I had my son's feet in my face and he was wrapped around a leg, Bear was stuck to me and intertwined somehow with the beagle. We were all interconnected it was weird.

Doggie Boutique Owner Angelgirl's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: A question for those of you who have Bullies sleeping in your bed...

@Gertie's Mom I hope your leg gets better soon! Our Cassie was never crate trained..I tried, but after getting up in the morning after her bawling all night we found her and the cage dripping in .. so from that day on she slept with us. It always took her about 45 minutes to settle down and fall asleep...then she would pull the covers off me,hog the bed and walk on me in the middle of the night...but it was nice on cold nights when she'd cuddle Now the little one is just too little to let in the bed...I'm afraid she'd fall out and break something so for now she sleeps in her crate. Longing for the day I can have the covers stolen and just a few inches to lay in the bed again.
    "A bulldog is like a potato chip, you can never have just one"

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gertie & Ida
    Likes (Received)

Thanks everybody, I think my leg is a little better this-evening. My husband brought Ida up for a while this-after-noon and she was much calmer today. She actually laid there with me and was still and got belly rubs. Then he brought Gertie up and I think she was a little less wild than yesterday, but not much. She stayed for 10 minutes or so. I think they'd eventually get usd to coming up and spending time up here, but hopefully I won't be up here for much longer. I think tomorrow I'll try going downstairs for a while.

There is nothing nicer than two sweet Bully girls, unless it's THREE sweet Bully girls!!
    Julie, Gertie, Ida & Clementine in Az.

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

@Gertie's Mom Hope you feel better soon!

Real Name
    Mike Blaylock
    Bulldog(s) Names
    SgtMjr. Duketavius (Duke) Bruiser USMC Ret.
    Likes (Received)

Weeeeeeeeeell, that depends on whether Duke has just come in from doing his yard buisness (making yard muffins) or if he has been inside for awhile.
    He knows we don't allow him on the furniture or bed while he is still wet or dirty. So he always asks before we let him up. He tries to take over the whole bed but I won't let him. Soooooooo, that usually ends up with him lying next to me with his farting butt facing my face. Which means I get a choice of moving him around so that I hear his snoring in my ear.......or.....I'll tell him it's time he goes and sleeps on his bed in the corner of the room. Rarely does he sleep at the end of the bed. Which is a good thing. Because at 87 lbs he can shut off the circulation in both of your legs laying across them. The other thing is.....if he's up on the bed.......he will be between me and the wife, and won't allow us to snuggle. So I don't mind when I take naps that he joins me. But at night.......he's better off on the floor in his own bed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads