EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Question for people with 2 or more EBs, or an EB and other dogs

I agree w/the gang… you need to give them breaks, especially because of the breathing issues that EB's have. I give my two breaks because Roxie is a senior boxer, and after awhile she can only take a puppy for so long… Lol

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Bulldog(s) Names
    Jasmine and Ruger
    Likes (Received)

I'm having same problem with my new puppy and my 1yr old jack Russell mix,she is so playful that she won't leave Ruger alone,he's 9weeks old and very playful,but them puppy teeth(shark teeth) hurt! But piper(the non) eb goes back for more,I know it has to hurt,her little neck looks like Freddy Krueger got her! And again she don't care,just wants to play,so I have to separate them when I see Ruger chewing on her! And piper never bites back she just nudges him to get him to play and chase her,she will be glad when them shark teeth fall out!
    Sent from my PM23300 using Tapatalk

Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lily and Elvis
    Likes (Received)

Thanks, everyone! They both have their own crates and when I try to separate them, Elvis always runs into Lily's crate to be with her. I monitor it, and if they start acting up again, inside the crate, I pull him out and put him in his own crate.

Bulldog Vet in Training Christie H's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Wheezie Kay Wigglebottom and Zakk Abbott Wylde
    Likes (Received)

Our two a boy and girl aren't littermates but we got them on the same day are crazy fools when they play and must be calmed down.We take up their toys and have them rest.They share a big crate because they hate being apart and it works for us and them

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Iggy
    Likes (Received)

I agree that they do not know when to stop. You have to make them. Iggy plays with his cousin who is part lab, part Australian shepherd and full of energy. Iggy will get way too out of breath and refuses to stop. It takes a long time for him to stop panting and breathing heavy. I feel it is way too much strain on his heart and lungs and need to keep their play to ten minutes or less on the humidity and heat. I too thought he would stop when tired....I was very wrong. You definitely need to step in. I agree this breed gets focused on something and is determined to keep going. You need to be the parent for his own health.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads