Have to share ....

Enjnene

Sep 25, 2013
Ar
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastian
So I have been fighting the tear stains and have used everything that everyone here suggested and no good nothing worked , but this past week I thought what the I am gonna put Vaseline and lo and behold he is looking way better :) I am so happy woohoo !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Thanks for sharing, a lot of us struggle with this problem, and I have tried many things, topical and internal, but never really get rid of them. Our bullies that are all white in their face, and the ones that suffer from allergies to foods also seem to have more tear stain issues. I will have to try Vaseline and see if it helps Blossom, I would also think that Vaseline might help as a barrier to the stains staying on the fur.

OP
Enjnene

Enjnene

Sep 25, 2013
Ar
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastian
Thanks for sharing, a lot of us struggle with this problem, and I have tried many things, topical and internal, but never really get rid of them. Our bullies that are all white in their face, and the ones that suffer from allergies to foods also seem to have more tear stain issues. I will have to try Vaseline and see if it helps Blossom, I would also think that Vaseline might help as a barrier to the stains staying on the fur.

The barrier is what made me think of trying it , I thought at least I could maybe keep the stains from getting any worse , but it is amazing the improvement that Vaseline is making the stains are not gone but they are 80% better .

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry, Clyde-EB/basset hound and Macon
When I started giving Henry coconut oil on his evening mean his eyes produce less tears and the staining is almost gone.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
interesting

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Thanks for the tip! would try this tonight.

Apr 16, 2014
Canada
Country
Kitchener, Ontario
Bulldog(s) Names
Bonnie and Clyde
Tear stains have been bugging me....I don't want them to look like I am being neglectful, but they are called stains...I can't wait to try this method using Vaseline and the coconut oil too.

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry, Clyde-EB/basset hound and Macon
How much coconut oil do you add?

I add about a table spoon. I'm still new to taking care of a bulldog. Henry is 1 now and we've had him since he was 10 weeks. I've learned a lot and made a lot of mistakes. I'm still trying to get him completely dialed in. I had given him coconut out before but stopped for some reason. Then one day I was reading a post on here about the benefits so I started again. I gave it to him for a week, then stopped for a couple days and noticed how much his eyes were watering. I gave him the oil and they dried up. So Ive consistently given it to him since. Hope it helps your babies too.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Have to remember that if my boys get them again, thanks.

OP
Enjnene

Enjnene

Sep 25, 2013
Ar
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastian
Ok it has been a week or two since posted this and I wish I had done before and after photo cause he looks great ! Think I will put some in that tail pocket now

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.