ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
[MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION]

I have pretty bad allergies, and since I'm allergic to perfume I have to go the au natural route w/the cleaning. I use baking soda on the carpet before I vacuum it to get out the pet odorsā€¦ I probably vacuum at least twice a week unfortunately. I use the Shark steam mop on all my bare floors, tile and woodā€¦ it doesn't leave a smell, but it gets everything really clean. I'm really bad about my car in fact I'm probably going to get it cleaned tomorrow because Walter has been shedding like crazy in thereā€¦ Ugh!!! I also use candles and plug ins but I also agree w/ [MENTION=7457]Blueberrys Mom[/MENTION] open up the windows to get some fresh air in the placeā€¦ Lol

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I use the Shark steam mop on my wood floors weekly and it works greatā€¦ no water stains or anything!!! You should get oneā€¦

That's great!! I'm gonna check it out now! Thanks for the info.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
@cali baker

I have pretty bad allergies, and since I'm allergic to perfume I have to go the au natural route w/the cleaning. I use baking soda on the carpet before I vacuum it to get out the pet odorsā€¦ I probably vacuum at least twice a week unfortunately. I use the Shark steam mop on all my bare floors, tile and woodā€¦ it doesn't leave a smell, but it gets everything really clean. I'm really bad about my car in fact I'm probably going to get it cleaned tomorrow because Walter has been shedding like crazy in thereā€¦ Ugh!!! I also use candles and plug ins but I also agree w/ @Blueberrys Mom open up the windows to get some fresh air in the placeā€¦ Lol

There you go. Blaming the car on Walter. I'll have to give him a heads up. Oh Walter! Oh Walter! Mommy is blaming you for something that is not your fault. There might be implications of another pet coming around called a Dyson Animal. you might want to run. Oh no Walter...not the sprinkler heads!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Well for my car and home, I use two expensive fragrances called "Scent of English Bulldog, and Frenchie De Bulldog perfume" :)

:rofl: :laugh:

TheLost

Dec 28, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly & Kevin (aka Chunky)
I have two teenage boys (12 & 17) that are heavily into sports... I would LOVE if somebody got in my car and said it smelled like 'DOG' and not 'LOCKER-ROOM'.

Maybe that's why Kevin loves cars so much..
kevin-selfie.jpg

My favorite air-freshener for the car is 'Wonder Wafers' (new leather scent)..
325_WONDER_WAFERS_CANISTER_SPILL_2__58919.1398365618.1280.1280.jpg

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
Do you place chocolate mints on the pillows?
laughing so hard with this thread!
You all sound like fancy 5 Star Hotels! I am lucky if I clean my apartment once a week. I do have a Roomba which helps a lot and I try to keep pretty organized and pick up after myself. Since it is only me and Izzy it's easier to keep things clean.... but mopping/vacuuming floors every other day HELL NO! Between my job, my own business, gym, cooking, groceries I am lucky if I have time left to shower! lol

Jul 24, 2014
illinos
Bulldog(s) Names
sophia
with 5 dogs I have a constant battle with doggy odor. I have hard wood floors so first I vacuum every day and wet swiffer every other day. Iuse wax thingies in every room and change out the wax every week or so. I also wash anything cloth frequently. it also helps to have leather or vinyl covered furniture as this doesnt hold odor like cloth and can be cleaned on a regular basis. I have a test subject , my son who has the most sensative nose in the world and has no problem being honest so when he stops by I always ask him how things smell .sometimes good....sometimes not so good..thats when I know I need to change the wax cubes. my car? oh my poor car I keep 3 or 4 popup air fresheners under the seats and before any one gets in I spray it down with frebreeze. yes I do vacuum it occasionally but probably not as often as I should.

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Last night I stopped by Target and picked up some of those "plug ins" you guys have talked about. Those don't come cheap, do they? I figured it's worth the $5 investment (lol), so, I got a cinnamon-apple and a regular apple one; a total of 3 plug-ins. Do these things pose as a fire hazard? i unplugged them when i left home for work this am b/c they did get rather warm. Nice smells tho!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION]
Next time you get into your friend's car say"oooooooo- OMG! your car smells like people!" fainteddog.jpg

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.