Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
Are there any recommended dog sitters out there - including people in the community and even EBN users. Would like to know reliable options who to entrust my boy Harvey to when the time comes we decide to take a vacation.

In the past, my wife and I simply decide to go anywhere, whenever, in a moment's notice on the fly without worrying about anything. That time has obviously changed since we have this new family member. I totally do not mind it. Our time now involves a new paradigm taking care of Harvey. Incidently, Harvey replaced our eldest daughter who recently left for college. I could say that I hardly missed her with Harvey around (LOL).

:D

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I will tag some members in CA and see if they have any suggestions… good luck!!!

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
The AAA has a book, "Traveling With Your Pet" in case you decide to travel with Harvey. We just received it and I have not had a chance to look at it. We will travel with our Jewel and Bentley as we are not comforatable leaving them with just anyone.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Since having my two bullies, I haven't gone on any trips abroad or anything via plane b/c I take them with me. That means a lot of road trips within California! But next year I'm thinking of traveling to Asia and am currently "researching" dog sitters too. It's very hard to entrust someone or an establishment w/my two boys. I'm also going to have a difficult time leaving them for a couple weeks. Even just a night w/out them is very hard for me...i'm sure everyone can relate! Anyways, I'm opting for boarding mine w/my vet's. They get treated very well there and are walked and cared for and the people know them v.well. Sorry i'm of no help here!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I'm not any help either, we could never leave Buster with anyone.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
you can also try care dot com or dogvacay dot com for possible places or home sitters

JakeP

May 6, 2014
Burbank CA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I was just talking to a friend of mine who just came from a 10 day vacation. She left her puppy (not a bullie though) at a dog hotel/resort in the valley. She said her puppy was happy and healthy. Have to ask what the name is.

boomsboo

Boomsboozed
Community Veteran
Sep 6, 2011
Southern California
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank (11/3/09 - 8/4/17), Max (Became Part of the Family 8/17/17
[MENTION=12554]harveyspecter[/MENTION] Not sure when you are deciding to take your vacation, but we currently live in the Socal area (typically Inland Empire). We're in the process of moving right now, but down the line (when we're moved in) we'd be happy to watch your bully if you still need a sitter. We've had the same issue whenever we think about going anywhere for an extended period of time and don't feel comfortable even asking family because they don't understand that bully's take time and need attention than any other pet. ;) Tank would enjoy a buddy to hang out with!

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
@harveyspecter Not sure when you are deciding to take your vacation, but we currently live in the Socal area (typically Inland Empire). We're in the process of moving right now, but down the line (when we're moved in) we'd be happy to watch your bully if you still need a sitter. We've had the same issue whenever we think about going anywhere for an extended period of time and don't feel comfortable even asking family because they don't understand that bully's take time and need attention than any other pet. ;) Tank would enjoy a buddy to hang out with!
[MENTION=3189]boomsboo[/MENTION] Awww that's sooo sweet and very nice of you! Wish i live a driving distance away from you! Would you take Bifi for a month? :tongue: We'll be spending Christmas in my Motherland and have to leave Bifi for a month! Just thinking about it drives me crazy with worry.

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
We live far far away from family. In the past we've had a close friend stay in our home for a week, and I've flown my little brother up twice to watch Lola. All three times Lola got the runs :(.

OP
harveyspecter

harveyspecter

Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
@harveyspecter Not sure when you are deciding to take your vacation, but we currently live in the Socal area (typically Inland Empire). We're in the process of moving right now, but down the line (when we're moved in) we'd be happy to watch your bully if you still need a sitter. We've had the same issue whenever we think about going anywhere for an extended period of time and don't feel comfortable even asking family because they don't understand that bully's take time and need attention than any other pet. ;) Tank would enjoy a buddy to hang out with!

[MENTION=3189]boomsboo[/MENTION] - Excellent!!! We'll take you up on that. I bet Harvey would love to meet his big brother Tank.

:nightfever:

OP
harveyspecter

harveyspecter

Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
@aprilemari ck. out dogvacay.com. They are people just like you and I who advertise themselves on the site that provide dog sitting services. i was seriously considering them as a viable option. As these are individuals, the prices are reasonable. I typed in the city and Toronto is covered.

Last edited:

ltpyro

Jul 9, 2013
Anaheim, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cinnamon and Pepper
Depends on how long u will be gone. We have left our two bullies at camp bow wow for a week. They loved it. They have web cams so u can check in on your puppies at any time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.