mandals0810

Aug 27, 2014
Mississippi
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sassy
Ok,

I want ya'lls opinion. I stay in contact with the breeder I got Sassy from. I'm always sending pics and such. I sent her 2 pics last night, and she called me today suggesting that if I didn't "free feed" Sassy, that maybe I could consider it. In her opinion from the pics she's "not broad enough"

Personally I think she's healthy, and eats the recommended amount from Fromm's off the food bag.

See attached pics...

What do ya'll think?

She's 19 weeks, and weighs 29.5 pounds

IMG_2081.jpgIMG_2082.jpgIMG_2078.jpg

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
She looks great to me, I personally would never ever free feed a bully it's to dangerous. She looks very healthy and right for her age.

mrsjamieforrest

Sep 11, 2014
Country
en_US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley
She's doing exactly what Bentley did! He grew tall first then he filled out later! He is just now starting to fill out and he's 9 months old!
This is Bentley at 5 months old
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412027997.734587.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1412028010.052131.jpg
This is him at 7 months old
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412028038.988292.jpg
And this is him at 9 months old, 55lbs!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412028085.276200.jpg
I like you were very worried at first but the older he gets the bigger he is getting! So don't worry, she will get bigger eventually[emoji6]

OP
M

mandals0810

Aug 27, 2014
Mississippi
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sassy
She's doing exactly what Bentley did! He grew tall first then he filled out later! He is just now starting to fill out and he's 9 months old!

Wow, Bentley def got wider from month 7 to 9! He almost looks like a different dog in his 9 month pic! lol

mrsjamieforrest

Sep 11, 2014
Country
en_US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley
Wow, Bentley def got wider from month 7 to 9! He almost looks like a different dog in his 9 month pic! lol

He's actually eating less than he was at seven months and he's getting bigger and changing every day. It's amazing how much they change in such a short period of time! And you are absolutely right he almost doesn't look like the same dog lol

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I agree with everyone above, she looks perfect to me. Bullies will grow in height and weight the first year, and they fill out the second year. They are not fully developed until 2 years old. Having said that each bully is different in size, weight, height, and body type. I have 2 EB's, they are siblings and litter mates, and are both 2 and 1/2 years old, and both weigh 45 lbs. I don't free feed them, I feed them 2 cups a day, of Fromm's Lamb and Lentil, 1 cup in the morning, and 1 cup in the evening. They are very different from each other, Bulldozer has a leaner looking body than Blossom, some people ask me if he's mixed with a boxer, and Blossom is more barrel shaped, and her chest is wider, she looks stockier and heavier than Dozer, but they weigh the same.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    259.6 KB · Views: 207
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 205

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
For pete's sake, the dog isn't even 5 months old yet! This is a breeder telling you the dog is not "broad enough"? She should know that they are all different-and don't fill out until later on! She looks fine to me!

OP
M

mandals0810

Aug 27, 2014
Mississippi
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sassy
Thanks ya'll! I knew from reading on here that the grow up in year one, and out in year 2. But with this being my 1st bully, I didn't want to correct the breeder and sound like a know it all! Thanks for your expert opinions!

I value this board so much!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I agree w/the gang… it takes about 3 years for them to fill out. You would think that your breeder would be aware of this already… SMDH!!! Sassy looks perfect… ;)

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
My breeder was like that too! Lola just happened to grow a little slower, was smaller and weighed less than her littermates (she was the runt). And the other owners of the pups fed the dogs human food!! I ignored her, Lola grew up just fine! And now I struggle to keep those extra 3lbs off her. :) you're doing great!!!

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
At least he's healthy ! Not fat -he will fill up amd hes looking great xxx

kirstyrebe

Sep 27, 2014
Country
UK
Bulldog(s) Names
ronnie
He looks lovely. All pups go through some gangly phase he will soon fill out. He's gorgeous btw

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Your bully looks great and appropriate for her age.
Never free feed bullies...GOD bless!

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Bentley (aka Poopinator or Mr. Pong-goo) is 11 months old. He is 45 lbs and looks good. He is on Fromm's Beef Frittata 1cup twice a day. Plus a few treats here and there.
4f00d7b0753ac7207ebaedec5fa9a431.jpg

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.