Prayers needed!

mrsjamieforrest

Sep 11, 2014
Country
en_US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley
Please say a prayer for our sweet Bentley as he will be going In for surgery to have his cherry eyes tacked in the am! From what I've heard it's not that serious but the way the doctor explained it had me worried...I just can't imagine something happening to my precious lil man... ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412007530.106031.jpg thanks in advance[emoji8]

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
hugs, prayers and positive thoughts! Keep us posted on how he is doing

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Prayers over y'all...let us know when he's coming home!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, whenever our babies are going through anything whether its surgery, or they're not feeling well, we will worry. I'll sat try not to worry, but you will. I'm sure he'll be fine, and he will be in good hands with the vet. My Blossom had cherry eye surgery when she was 7 months old as well as she was spayed at the same time. A week after her surgeries, her other eye developed cherry eye, and she had to have a second surgery to repair it. She did really well both times, and her eyes healed beautifully, you would never know she ever had cherry eye. Are they removing the eye gland, or are they tacking them in? Sending love, hugs and prayers your way, please keep us posted on how he does.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Sending lots of hugs and prayers… keep us posted!!!

OP
mrsjamieforrest

mrsjamieforrest

Sep 11, 2014
Country
en_US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley
Thank y'all so soooo much! I know sometimes things like this seem so simple for some people, but this will be Bentleys 3rd time going under in 9 months and it's just a little upsetting...I really appreciate all of the love support and prayers from all of you! Sometimes people don't understand the love we have for our fur babies and never will, but everyone on here does and it's wonderful to be able to share experiences with all of you and have the help, love, and support that each of you give!

OP
mrsjamieforrest

mrsjamieforrest

Sep 11, 2014
Country
en_US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley
Hi, whenever our babies are going through anything whether its surgery, or they're not feeling well, we will worry. I'll sat try not to worry, but you will. I'm sure he'll be fine, and he will be in good hands with the vet. My Blossom had cherry eye surgery when she was 7 months old as well as she was spayed at the same time. A week after her surgeries, her other eye developed cherry eye, and she had to have a second surgery to repair it. She did really well both times, and her eyes healed beautifully, you would never know she ever had cherry eye. Are they removing the eye gland, or are they tacking them in? Sending love, hugs and prayers your way, please keep us posted on how he does.

The vet said he wouldn't recommend removing them but will if it's what I absolutely prefer! He said he wants to tack them but we will make the final decision in the morning.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, it is best to tack them back in rather than remove the gland, as this can cause dry eye which would require eye drops for life. Our vet tacked the cherry eye gland back in, and we had excellent results.

Blossoms cherry eye, before and after surgery:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 125
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    254.4 KB · Views: 132
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    233.3 KB · Views: 121
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    257.5 KB · Views: 120
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    239.4 KB · Views: 130
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    240.9 KB · Views: 114
OP
mrsjamieforrest

mrsjamieforrest

Sep 11, 2014
Country
en_US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley
Hi, it is best to tack them back in rather than remove the gland, as this can cause dry eye which would require eye drops for life. Our vet tacked the cherry eye gland back in, and we had excellent results.

Blossoms cherry eye, before and after surgery:

Wow that looks amazing! That's exactly why he said he didn't want to remove them, to prevent problems later! That is so good to know and see the before and after results! Thank you!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
You're very welcome, the recovery from cherry eye surgery is very quick and easy on them as well, the only thing that was hard after her surgery was trying to keep her quiet and not jumping off beds and the couch, but she was also spayed at the same time. The first couple of days she was a little groggy and slept a lot, due to the pain medication, she only had medication for 4 days, and she was peeing a lot more due to the extra IV fluids given during surgery and after surgery. We had to put a medicated clear cream in her eye, it kept the eye moist, and also had a antibiotic in it for preventative measures. She had the eye cream for 2 weeks after surgery. Blossom didn't have any complications, no infection, and no swelling. We didn't use a cone post surgery, as she didn't bother her spay incision site or try to touch or rub her eye. Every dog is different, and you can keep an eye on her, but if she tries to scratch, or rub her eye on the carpet or floor, she may need a cone. You can buy a soft cone from Petsmart or other pet supply store if she needs one, rather than use the big clunky plastic ones. The soft ones are more comfortable, but hopefully she won't need one.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.