OP
Bambi

Bambi

May 24, 2014
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Odin
@bullmama we did cut back on his food, and at first it did help, we are currently feeding him only 2.5cups of food per daY, but he is always hungry! I know that's just a bulldog thing too where they are sooo food motivated, but he is gaining weight good again, yesterday he was 18.5 lbs at 14 weeks.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
[MENTION=2]bullmama[/MENTION] we did cut back on his food, and at first it did help, we are currently feeding him only 2.5cups of food per dY, but he is always hungry! I know that's just a bulldog thing too where they are so motivated, but he is gaining weight good again, yesterday he was 18.5 lbs at 14 weeks.

Does his poo look like soft serve ice cream, or dog food blended with water? If so, try cutting back to 2 1/4 and see if it helps.

Those descriptions of poop are signs of too much food that is waste.

OP
Bambi

Bambi

May 24, 2014
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Odin
It seems to have been chicken all along. Not long after my last post we switched fully over to Fromms Beef Frittata and everything has been perfect with his poops since.

However, he now seems to have come down with kennel cough :unsure:. While at the vet today the dogs before and after us were also there for the same thing, but I could hear them from the waiting room and they sounded much worse then Odin. I think we caught it early enough but are treating him with an antibiotic and cough suppressant to be safe. He is now 16 weeks old and weighed in just over 25 lbs - three weeks ago he was 18.5 lbs. the vet was very impressed with his behaviour (our puppy class has done wonders! - but is also most likely where we caught the cough). Updated pictures below.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    225.9 KB · Views: 26
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    218.3 KB · Views: 28
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    220.8 KB · Views: 28

Most Reactions

Members online