Possible sick Bulldog

AmandaPeterson

Feb 10, 2014
New Braunfels, Texas, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Eleanor Rigby aka. Ellie 4 years and Beaux who is 4months.
Hi All-

My Dad has the mother to my bully. We adopted from the same breeder. He contacted me today and said that she may be sick. He told me that she is drinking a lot of water and has a pool of water/saliva coming out of her mouth at all times. This is not a normal behavior. He checked her mouth and didn't see any teeth issues or anything stuck. He lives on acreage in MO and thinks she may have gotten something in the woods. She likes to head into the woods to do her business. He will be taking her into the vet tomorrow, but I wondered if anyone else has had this happen.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh gosh, I'm so sorry to hear this…
Is she eating/pooping normally?!! I'm wondering if she ate "something" or maybe got into some poison… he may want to call a vet ASAP. This doesn't sound very good at all...

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Any update on momma bully? I hope it is nothing serious and just had a bad taste left in her mouth. sending prayers for all to be OK

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi Amanda, I'm so sorry your baby is sick. I hope she gets better soon, and it's nothing serious. She may have eaten something in the woods that didn't agree with her or possible something poisonous like mushrooms, or some plant or flower. The other thing it might be is an obstruction, due to maybe swallowing something in the woods. Signs of an obstruction are vomiting, diarrhea, and drooling water from the mouth. I hope the vet can find the cause. Please keep us posted.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Drinking like that could be signs of Diabetes, obstruction, or poisoning. I just noticed that this post was yesterday. [MENTION=11079]AmandaPeterson[/MENTION] please let us know how your Dad's Bullie is-and what the diagnoses was? Hoping all is well now.

OP
A

AmandaPeterson

Feb 10, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sorry for the delay I just got information from him. She had a fever and does have some skin issues as well. He gave her some antibiotics and a medicated shampoo. He said the reason for the drooling is that when they have a fever they drink a lot and drool to try to get the fever down. I did not know that. So she seems to be ok. He just needs to collect a urine sample now. That should be fun!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Sorry for the delay I just got information from him. She had a fever and does have some skin issues as well. He gave her some antibiotics and a medicated shampoo. He said the reason for the drooling is that when they have a fever they drink a lot and drool to try to get the fever down. I did not know that. So she seems to be ok. He just needs to collect a urine sample now. That should be fun!

Gosh I'm so sorry to hear this, I hope that she feels better soon… keep us posted!!!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Praying for her right now, please let us know how she is doing, GOD bless!

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)

We hope she is doing better. Any update.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi Amanda, I hope she's doing better today, has her fever gone down? I wonder if she has a UTI? Hopefully the medication kicks in and she starts to feel better. Tell your Dad to make sure she drinks so she doesn't dehydrate, he can also give her some Pedialyte.

OP
A

AmandaPeterson

Feb 10, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
she seems to be doing better on the antibiotics. He is having a hard time collecting her urine. She wont go if she is on the lead, so hes trying to figure out another way. Poor thing was bred a lot and in a crate for most of her life we think. So trust is hard to get with her.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.