Peeing inside after neutering

BoscosMom

Jul 29, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bosco
We neutered Bosco about a month and a half ago, and ever since he's had a number of accidents inside the house. Pretty much the weekend after his neutering, he peed inside and has done that about 5-6 times since then. Even just yesterday he peed on his cushion! This is so unlike him, because he was fully potty trained and accident free since his puppy days.

We took him to the vet to make sure it wasn't a UTI/bladder infection and his tests came up negative - no infections. Anybody else have any similar issues after neutering? I can't help but think this is related to his neutering because the timing cannot be a coincidence. Really wishing we hadn't neutered him now :mellow:

Emily

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Debo
Yes, I have experienced that! My bulldog, Debo, had eight accidents inside after neutering him & he was fully potty trained before. I took him to the Vet to see if it was a UTI too & my Vet said he was just pissed!? It did stop though, just so ya know. I think it does something weird to them for a little while until they heal.

OP
BoscosMom

BoscosMom

Jul 29, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bosco
Yes, I have experienced that! My bulldog, Debo, had eight accidents inside after neutering him & he was fully potty trained before. I took him to the Vet to see if it was a UTI too & my Vet said he was just pissed!? It did stop though, just so ya know. I think it does something weird to them for a little while until they heal.

Thanks Emily!! It's great to hear that it stopped. I guess I just have to wait until he fully recovers, it's already been 6 weeks since his neutering - I hope we're at the tail end of whatever he's going through!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
My little guy peed up a storm after his neuter, he's finally stopped as well. Maybe it's harder to hold it in until it's completely healed, I'm not sure. It could also be hormones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
I feel lucky to the responses above. Bentley has had no problems. He was 9 months old when he had his surgery. How old are your bullies. Maybe an age issue to have this behavior.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Brutus did the same thing. The vet told me it was from the anesthesia. It should stop really after the first day.

RazrRila99

Mar 24, 2013
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colossus
Colossus went through this. He had free reign of the house during the day before neuter, then he started peeing during the day. I thought it was just his way of getting back at me. He is now pinned in the hallway where he sleeps just to make sure. Plus, its a bit safer for him in a smaller area when Im not there. Good to know it wasnt just us.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
interesting info to note for future reference... neither of my two boys did this

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.