Harleigh is home!

DCL86

Dec 18, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harleigh
Hello all! Harleigh came home yesterday and she is so adorable! Both of my cats saw her and have no idea what that snorting thing is! Pretty entertaining! We have had only one accident last night!

She is loving biting feet and pant legs. Which is going to be a nice hurtle to get over. we're going to the store to get Harleigh some Fromm food so I may get a few more chew toys while I'm there.

Her eye is red. Is this normal? I'm definitely making a vet appointment this week. Is there something I sould ask her about with the eye? It's just the one eye, and it doesn't seem to bother her.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    221.9 KB · Views: 148
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    219.4 KB · Views: 147

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
awwwwwwe she's beautiful! CONGRATULATIONS!! I would definitely ask the vet about her eye when you get her in there, if it's not bugging her to bad right now I'd just keep an eye on here eye. She really is a cutie. :yes:

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
:welcome4:Hi Dana, and welcome to EBN to you and Harleigh. She is a sweet heart. I miss the puppy stage (sometimes). Lol.
The cats will either get used to her, or they will do what my cat does, ignore them, and run for higher ground. They love each other from afar. Lol. The dogs just want to be her friend, and play with her, but she wants nothing to do with them.
How old is Harleigh? She will have the odd accident until she's fully trained. The rule of thumb is they can hold their bladder for 1 hour for every month of age, so by the time they are 5 months old, they should be able to hold for 5 to 6 hours. The best way to potty train is to establish a good schedule. What worked for us in the beginning was to take them out every hour or two, and increase it by an hour every month. We also took them out at 2:00 am, as it is a long time for them to hold their bladder from the evening until the morning. This phase is temporary, and they are usually trained at around 5 to 6 months. It's the same as having a baby in the house. The puppy rough playing and nipping is also a temporary puppy phase, and you can redirect her with a chew toy, or bone, and also saying Ouch loudly when she nips will deter them as well. The red eye can just be an irritation, maybe she rubbed it on something?, or it could be allergies, or it could be a eye infection like pink eye. The vet will be the best person to determine the cause. I would keep an eye on it, if it isn't bothering her, and there isn't any discharge or eye goop in her eye, then she can probably wait until you see the vet. You can try putting some Polysporin eye drops in her eye, you can buy them at the Pharmacy, or use a Saline eye rinse to flush or clean it out, and see if it improves. Otherwise the vet can give you a prescription eye drop if its an infection. Enjoy your puppy, they grow very fast, and I look forward to seeing more of you and Harleigh on here as she grows. Please share lots of pictures of her as she grows.

OP
D

DCL86

Dec 18, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harleigh
Thank you! I wish they could be little and be trained! Lol! Took her for a little walk today, you would think I had her run a marathon. She's POOPED! Snoring away! Such a loud noise from a little dog!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OMG... she is precious! look at that face??!!!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online