Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Deaf bully

Bulldog(s) Names
    Jasmine and Ruger
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Deaf bully

That is great misswaddles,they aren't afraid of loud noises,just so relaxed and laidback,most bullies are,but you know what I mean I wouldn't change my Jazzy for anything!!
    Sent from my PM23300 using Tapatalk

Doggie Boutique Owner MissWaddles13's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Pork Chop
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by julescoffman View Post
    That is great misswaddles,they aren't afraid of loud noises,just so relaxed and laidback,most bullies are,but you know what I mean I wouldn't change my Jazzy for anything!!
    Sent from my PM23300 using Tapatalk
    I would love to get a deaf EBD oneday. I have Pork Chop , she has to be the only one. I rescued her in Dec 2013. Right , we wouldn't trade our babies for the world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crazy Bulldog Lady IPickedADaisy's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sue
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Daisy Mae Hambone & Roscoe Pee Hambone (RIP)
    Likes (Received)

My daughter has a deaf Frenchie. He's a delight & she has taught him hand signals also. He's young & energetic so sometimes out in the yard it's hard to get him to come back because he's not facing her. I think my favorite thing is that someone can ring the doorbell and there is no freak-out barking going to happen like at my house!
    Want to see more of me? Follow me on Instagram @DaisyMaeHambone

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harley
    Likes (Received)

We just determined our going on 12 year old Bully Boy Harley is now deaf. He does not respond to voice commands or the former "Happy" phrases like "Go for a walk, ride in the car, want a treat, etc" anymore, is startled if you come in a room or touch him and he didn't see you, does not respond to loud noises or other dogs barking and the last tell tale sign of the doorbell ringing!

We rescued Harley 8 years ago, driving from Boston to Cleveland Ohio. He was from Chicago and the foster?rescue agreed to meet me halfway (Thank you Jane). Truth be told, he is the one who rescued us! It is sad seeing him get older, but he still lights up when we walk into a room or come home from being out and semi-hops around like a bunny! His legs are starting to give out on him, as he walks with a slight limp (which he is on medication for) and he has had more peeing accidents as of late. Obviously we love him to death and hopefully will have some more time with him, but cannot be selfish. As soon as we feel he is in too much pain or he has absolutely no quality of life left verses just being alive, we will have to make a very heart wrenching decision. I am dreading that day.

What are other people's experiences with any of the aging stuff and having to finally let go?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads