Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi guys, earlier this afternoon hubby and I took Dozer and Blossom across the street to the Plaza, we went to the Dollar Store and bought poop bags, and then into the PetValu. When we were in the store buying their treats, Dozer grabbed a huge cookie from the bin on the floor and chomped a big piece off the end, I asked the guy in the store what the bone was made of, and he said it was a lamb and rice cookie bone. I didn't think anything of it since they eat Fromm's Lamb and Lentil dog food. I just came home from my friends house, and found Dozer had thrown up a pile of mush, it has to be the cookie, because he had breakfast at 6:30 am, and he ate the piece of cookie at about 1:00 pm, and I went out at 2:00 pm, and so he had to have been sick while I was gone. It looked like mushy kibble, but he would have digested his breakfast by then, so I can only think it was the cookie. Maybe he swallowed it too fast and didn't chew it, or maybe something in the ingredients didn't agree with him, as I don't ever give them store bought dry cookies or treats, they usually only get Fruitables, and fruits from home, or peanut butter, yogurt and such. My question is should I just offer him water, and not his dinner tonight, in case his tummy is upset, and to see if he gets sick again? Or Do I feed him his dinner? Poor Dozer he looked so sad when I got home and he was looking at me as if to say I'm so sorry Mommy I got sick in my crate. He was laying all the way in the corner away from the vomit, and he looked so sad. My poor baby. I hope it's just the cookie, and he's not sick.

This is the Cookie he ate, he bit off the end.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 128

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
If he only threw up once, I would give him his dinner, just half the normal portion and keep an eye on him. Whatever was in that cookie bone, should be out of his system since it came back up.

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, thanks that was I was thinking, maybe give him half, I looked at the ingredients on the cookie, it says Whole Wheat Flour, Wheat Bran, Lamb, Ground Brown Rice, Corn Oil ( preserved with mixed Tocopherals) and Parsley. I wouldn't think these ingredients would make him sick, but maybe he ate it to fast, or it didn't agree with him? I'll give him some dinner and see how he does.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    244.5 KB · Views: 130

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
It maybe the wheat bran, that's an ingredient I haven't seen before. Hopefully he will be okay now that he got it out of his system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Yes he's back to his normal Dozey self. Lol. Thanks Roger, boy these guys always seem to give us something to worry about.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Monica just reading this so happy Dozer is back to himself now

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Glad he's okay! :whew:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
yay Dozer is Okay he might not grab cookies anymore

Ya' think?!! Too bad they DON'T learn from it!! Happy that Dozer is okay! You know he would do it again, if he got the chance! Hey, I said Chance,Ron!!:)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yes he's back to his normal Dozey self. Lol. Thanks Roger, boy these guys always seem to give us something to worry about.

:whew: .... I swear those places intentionally place those big cookies low so the dogs will take a bit and you have to buy them.

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Lol that's exactly what I told him, it's just like when you go in the grocery store, and all the candy bars and gum are at the check out, and kids want it. He's fine today, thank goodness.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online