Thread: Tear stains

Bulldog(s) Names
    Jackson and Tugger
    Likes (Received)

Default Tear stains

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get rid of and prevent tear stains?

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bear
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Tear stains

Welcome!! I personally make sure I wipe my bully's face every day and put cornstarch in his wrinkles every night. He is also on a high quality food which helped as well. I have noticed that sometimes Bear's tear stains are more promininent on some days vs others but for the most part he's clear.

I know you'll get some great advice here.

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gertie & Ida
    Likes (Received)

I have two girls with white faces. Gertie has almost no tear stains and Ida's are horrible! They get all the exact same everything, so I can't figure out why Ida's are so different. I feed them a very good food, wash faces, etc. I'm currently doing a couple things, trying to get Ida's tear stains to go away. I give her a tear stain removel supplement mixed in with her breakfast every morning. My daughter had good results with this, but it took about 6 weeks. So I am also giving her 1/2 a Tums in the morning and evening. Another member here said she gets good results with this method. So far I'm not noticing a huge difference, but it's only been a couple weeks with the supplement and maybe 5 or 6 days with the Tums. I don't think anything works real fast.

There is nothing nicer than two sweet Bully girls, unless it's THREE sweet Bully girls!!
    Julie, Gertie, Ida & Clementine in Az.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullet {booboo}
    Likes (Received)

i'm battling this too. Bullet is on good quality food and i wash his face daily but the one side of his face that is the whitest is terrible. blah. i bought some stain removal that i have been applying for the last 5 days. it seems to be working but deep down i can still see the dark stain.

i have read a thread here that had some great suggestions such as what Julie just mentioned that i hope to try soon.
    Amy

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lacey
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Silva and Stella
    Likes (Received)

I wash Silva's face daily and put destitin cream on her tear stained area every couple of days. I read here that to use equal parts of milk of magnesia and hyrdron peroxide with corn starch twice a day and then once a day @Libra926 had posted this before. I am going to start today and see how it works over the next week and then I will post before and after posts. Hope this helps!
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Anonymous

Remove Ads