Tear stains

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
Welcome!! I personally make sure I wipe my bully's face every day and put cornstarch in his wrinkles every night. He is also on a high quality food which helped as well. I have noticed that sometimes Bear's tear stains are more promininent on some days vs others but for the most part he's clear.

I know you'll get some great advice here.

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
I have two girls with white faces. Gertie has almost no tear stains and Ida's are horrible! They get all the exact same everything, so I can't figure out why Ida's are so different. I feed them a very good food, wash faces, etc. I'm currently doing a couple things, trying to get Ida's tear stains to go away. I give her a tear stain removel supplement mixed in with her breakfast every morning. My daughter had good results with this, but it took about 6 weeks. So I am also giving her 1/2 a Tums in the morning and evening. Another member here said she gets good results with this method. So far I'm not noticing a huge difference, but it's only been a couple weeks with the supplement and maybe 5 or 6 days with the Tums. I don't think anything works real fast.

Momma2Bullet

Jan 15, 2011
NE Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullet {booboo}
i'm battling this too. Bullet is on good quality food and i wash his face daily but the one side of his face that is the whitest is terrible. blah. i bought some stain removal that i have been applying for the last 5 days. it seems to be working but deep down i can still see the dark stain. :(

i have read a thread here that had some great suggestions such as what Julie just mentioned that i hope to try soon.

Lacey28

Community Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Windsor Ontario Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Silva and Stella
I wash Silva's face daily and put destitin cream on her tear stained area every couple of days. I read here that to use equal parts of milk of magnesia and hyrdron peroxide with corn starch twice a day and then once a day [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] had posted this before. I am going to start today and see how it works over the next week and then I will post before and after posts. Hope this helps!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.