DIY elevated dog bed

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry, Clyde-EB/basset hound and Macon
I was looking at elevated beds for the boys yesterday because Henry tears up the fluffy ones. Always. Eventually I leave him alone with one and it's a fluff ball of disaster. They aren't his, they are the labs beds because Henry won't lay on them. He only uses his udesign plastic one. It has a cover and the fluff pad is underneath, so he hasn't even tried to chew it up. We found the crate pad ones on sale at a discount place and bought 5. (I know, excessive, right!!) Well, there is 2 left and one has a big hole in the bottom. So I've been looking at the elevated beds, hoping he woundnt destroy them. I found a link to a dog rescue with instructions to make them. I thought it was pretty cool so I thought I'd share it. I may have my son help me make one. I hope the link works.

http://youtu.be/X9IHJp2DuqQ

OP
Roseann

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pictures? Um... Maybe. I like to be crafty, but I'm not so good at it. I'm not very artsy. I guess we could all get a good laugh maybe. Has anyone made their own bed like this? Or similar?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
pretty cool.... looks easy enough! be sure to post pics when done

OP
Roseann

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
image.jpgimage.jpgI love the completed bed. The only hard part was getting the screws to go into the pipe. Thankfully my son did that part. The boys aren't scared of it, thank heavens! They were on it some today. I'm probably gonna make another one.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online