Couches

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
I'm also in the market for couches and the sets I'm looking at are either 100% polyester or a polyester/cotton blend- how will these hold up to the bullies? Will the hair stay embedded? Will drool clean easily? Any advice is appreciated. As far as leather goes the sofas I'm looking at would cost about $6- $7k to be to me made in leather and I can't justify that with the Bulldogs running the probability of scratching it up.

ThatsBull

Sep 10, 2014
Saskatchewan
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tia
Personally, I am not a huge fan of leather furniture. I don't like the way it feels...that being said, micro-fiber stains like there is NO tomorrow. We got our new sofa before we got Tia, but my other dogs would lick and lick the micro-fiber, and leave spit stains. I have talked to others who had this same problem. When we got our new sofa set, we settled on regular, classic fabric, and it has made a workd of difference!

TheLost

Dec 28, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly & Kevin (aka Chunky)
What type of couches do we have?

Disposable

OP
triggerSnores

triggerSnores

Jul 21, 2014
[MENTION=3952]TheLost[/MENTION] - Hahahahaha! ! Great answer! ;) [MENTION=6209]Scueva[/MENTION] - it is very hard to accept paying that much money when you know they are going to get messed up within moments! I think that is the biggest thing holding us back. ;) Good luck!

Rigginsluv11

Apr 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Riggins
OK everyone, what type of material are your sofas, etc? Micro-fiber? Leather? Covered in duct tape? Not only do we have two bullies who LOVE being on the furniture, but we also have 6 kids (ages 5-16) who do too. Need to replace the couches and looking for ideas. .... Trigger chews everything, Winston drools like crazy, the kids are messy of course too. Ive heard and read micro fiber over leather, but I'm not sure about cleaning skin kid, or fur kid vomit off that. ... ??
We have micro-fiber. Horrible! Every lick shows this nasty wet spot stain. Hair sticks in it. It's just awful. Just my very strong opinion! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chanticocat

Sep 20, 2014
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Hank, Ta-hank and Emma
Our "couch" is actualy a wooden bench that my husband built. I have been sewing cushions from my fabric stash and i just drag them in as needed.

Canelospeeps

Mar 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Canelo
Leather! It wipes down, dog odor and dander to not stick.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
I'm glad I read this. I was a click away from buying a new microfiber couch.

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
Lol; i have a micro-fiber sofa loveseat that Amber is quit fond of.......now that doesn't mean anyone else is fond of it. :ROFL: She loves her loveseat and we are keeping it just for her. We are leaning more towards the outside furniture with the metal frame and nice cushions. That way we can replace the cushions or have extras for company (:rofl:that comment cracked me up, we don't have company unless you count my son and grandchildren). The metal frame furniture can not be chewed on nearly as fast as wood, microfiber, or leather; all three are favorite flavors of our bullies. We also have your dependable folding chairs. :rofl:Now, seriously.....we don't buy any up scale furniture anymore since we have the bullies. We go to the bargain section of the store and find a good sofa that will last for a little while for a few hundred dollars and go from there. The bullies get just as tired at looking at the same old stuff as we do so when they decide they have had it long enough and decide it needs a few more holes (cushions get de-stuffed regularly) its about time to head back to the store for another cheap but serviceable sofa. If the bullies have taught me anything it is that furniture is overrated. Good luck!!

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
Leather, used from Craigslist. Ruckus won't chew it, I. An easily wipe his drool off of it, and since it's used I won't be so angry if something does happen to it.

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brett & Logan 👼🏻🌈(1/3/05-05/1/21)
OK everyone, what type of material are your sofas, etc? Micro-fiber? Leather? Covered in duct tape? Not only do we have two bullies who LOVE being on the furniture, but we also have 6 kids (ages 5-16) who do too. Need to replace the couches and looking for ideas. .... Trigger chews everything, Winston drools like crazy, the kids are messy of course too. Ive heard and read micro fiber over leather, but I'm not sure about cleaning skin kid, or fur kid vomit off that. ... ??

I have microfiber. Wish I still had leather though. But hate it when it summer so I bought new microfiber couches. I just spay it with alcohol...let it sit for few minutes then I brush it. Then I vacuum it right after.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.