Couches

triggerSnores

Jul 21, 2014
OK everyone, what type of material are your sofas, etc? Micro-fiber? Leather? Covered in duct tape? Not only do we have two bullies who LOVE being on the furniture, but we also have 6 kids (ages 5-16) who do too. Need to replace the couches and looking for ideas. .... Trigger chews everything, Winston drools like crazy, the kids are messy of course too. Ive heard and read micro fiber over leather, but I'm not sure about cleaning skin kid, or fur kid vomit off that. ... ??

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Leather. Very easy to clean. Can't imagine having anything but leather with bulldogs.

Only thing is, the leather won't look good for long if you don't keep something over it. I keep a blanket on it, but it doesn't help much. There are still scratches all over.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Leather.... As Ellie stated, just wipe it off. We do not cover and have two sets. The set in the basement is about 13 years old still in very good shape. Family room set is about two yrs old, other than one spot that Banks 'nested' it has some scratches, but nothing major

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
We have microfiber and everrryyything gets stuck to that stuff. It's easy enough to clean if the covers zip off of the cushions (just wash inside-out on a gentle cycle, dry on low) but drool and their post-food slobber they love to rub all over will make a mess in no time haha.

That said... I don't like the idea of my bum sticking to leather, or it feeling cold, or slippery when i want to sleep on it. So we'll probably stick with the micro fiber. Winslow's not allowed on there anyway! Haha

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

BeeGee

Apr 26, 2013
Bryan, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lula Belle & Big Chief
We have leather and while it cleans up easy they have scratched it all up.

Julzz9170

Apr 15, 2014
New jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fatso, Romeo
We have both leather and micro fiber and the leather has held up much better than the micro fiber..both of our boys sleep on them and the only thing I have to say is the smells do not come out of the micro fiber couch

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Leather, and it holds up very well. As long as we have dogs, we will always have a leather couch.

Leather is bully approved.

IMAG0187.jpg

Holly33

Aug 23, 2013
New Hampshire
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Joe
I have micro-fiber with a mix of bully drool and bully hair.. All the cleaner, vacuuming and sticky tape can't remove it [emoji12]

schimpfy

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin'
Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver British Columbia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
Three dogs Iater first Leather couch it has aII their scratch marks but stiII Iooks good when cleaned and poIished

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Leather is the best!! Don't be fooled by "bonded"' leather(it's leather and vinyl mixed. Pleather is fake leather.) You want the real thing! By the way [MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION] has a couch real cheap! designed by Bullies,too.

OP
triggerSnores

triggerSnores

Jul 21, 2014
Leather, and it holds up very well. As long as we have dogs, we will always have a leather couch.<br />
<br />
Leather is bully approved.<br />
<br />
attachment.php
<br/>
Oh my goodness! !!! How adorable! !! I will take the couch and all the babies! ! :)
Thank you everyone, Leather it is! [MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION] - I have made sure husband understands we will never have"nice" things with all or critters and kiddos. Invest in duct tape haha.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
We have leather and it wipes clean and we nourish it every so often but not nearly enough Ftse has scratched it a bit where he jumps up but I keep a throw on it so he sits on the other one with no throw on it of course.

pattonsmom

Apr 9, 2014
CT
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
General Patton
We have micro fiber and it is awful! The smells stay in the couch and the droll is impossible to clean! We have a new living room set on the way and I cannot wait to junk this thing!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.